Got wind from MS :O

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Sep 13, 2009.

1. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Nothing personal... but that's bulls**t. I have absolutely -ZERO- doubt that Microsoft knows all the leaked keys.
    In fact, I have absolutely zero doubt that Microsoft has known about all the leaked keys since the first day they hit a forum.

Sure, some of the older OEM keys may be black listed come Windows 7 SP1... but many of the newer OEM keys are already installed/in use on legit OEM computers.

2. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    You must be working for M$.

3. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Possible to see the email from ms?
    And have a good laugh?:D

4. LimitsX

LimitsX MDL Member

May 16, 2009
    Haha, you're the dumb@$$ for even commenting, moron. If you can't say anything good being on this forum, then don't. In the end, you'll be the one suffering.

anyway Hazor dude, thanks for all your hard work and everything!! Just becareful next time =)!!

5. Signmeup

Signmeup MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
  6. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Yo Hazar,
    I used to run an ISP and, unfortunately, ISP's have to comply to requests from authorities (whoever they may be) to contact persons committing what they think are illegal activities.

Truthfully this is for educational purposes only so there is no legal case.

Of course if anyone were to try and sell this sort of /stuff/ then there would be a case.

Relax bro and thanks for contributing to the community!

7. engage16

engage16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    As soon as October 22nd hits we will have more OEM SLP keys than we'll ever need, can't stop them then!

8. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    As soon 7 hits the stores, I'll have my copy. The prices are much better for Systembuilder Version then at the release from Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. axon_t

axon_t MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2009
    #71 axon_t, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Hey Hazar. Well surely it was inevitable that the hounds would come barking at your door. The "Big Man", doesnt seem to like being robbed of his riches does he ??? Ironic considering that allegedly, a long time ago certain code for a certain OS was obtained rather sneakily shall we say. Anyway respect to you hazar, keep up the good work and lets hope this doesnt spell the end for "Softmods", here at MDL. If that was to happen then be sure torrents will keep loaders alive and kicking.............roll on 22/10/09 :D

11. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Yen, with the greatest of respect why would we want to see the end of "Softmods"? Ok BIOS mods are better but not everyone has the skill to flash / recover from a bad flash or worse still be able to afford a new mobo. "Softmodding", is a great option for many users. Obviously if its a matter of legality then no one wants to see MDL in trouble but in my opinion, for what its worth "Long live the Softmod". :D

12. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    You do not know what ms are upto in real world. lol

13. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    The reason why Microsoft is more concerned about softmod is the easy application to the system.
    Virtually anyone who uses the PC can install something.
    But not all will be willing to do a BIOS mod this will already hamper most piracy attempts.
    Microsoft will stop all easy protection circumventing methods to keep all but the most persistent people from getting at their protection.
    That is why IMO their copy protection is actually quite effective.

14. root

root MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    #76 root, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    axon_t

They can still buy the licens without the fine, and than get MS to see if all is okay.

15. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hazar, glad you got a DMCA letter and not a legal lawsuit threat letter from a lawyer. Or worse a visit from some stern people with guns who want all your computers and accessories. :eek:

But every time I see this topic/thread title, I just can't get the image of you catching a whiff of a nasty fart from Bill Gates out of my mind. Makes me giggle every time. :D I can't be the only one who thought of that from the title. I'm probably just the only one who said so. :)

16. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Enough cats for today.

Can anyone translate relevant passages from that letter?