GPU Bios mod 9600M GT->FX770M

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Kaar3l, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Kaar3l

Kaar3l MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2010
    I have a JHL90, and 9600m gt inside it. I would like to flash the 9600m gt to fx770m. The core is same. Because I'm using much video editing and CAD. I Used phoenix AndyP phoenix slic tool to unpack bios. Then I took my 9600m gt bios and changed there the device ids to fx770m. Then I saved it and it packed the bios together nicely.

Now I am thinking that should I try to flash it or not. :p Crisis recovery may work if it fails but there is always a risk involved.

My question is that: Should it work like that when I change the bios device id-s and get a fx770m?

2. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I don't know about that.
    But I advise you to check checksum on modified VBIOS (check checksum on original and after mod,must be 00)
    If checksum are not OK BIOS could drop or ignore that and you'll get no video.

3. Kaar3l

Kaar3l MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2010
    The nibitor shows like that
    On the stock bios Calculated checksum: 7B
    On the bios mod Calculated checksum: 68

Well I think I'll test it out. :D If it doesn't work I always have crysis recovery or I could just put in a ati card that I have at home and flash the bios to stock.

4. Kaar3l

Kaar3l MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2010
    Didn't work as planned, just black screen and nothing going on. Crysis usb saved the day. :D