Great news: Microsoft extends support of Ultimate, Home, and Basic to 2017

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Original, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Original

Original MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    If until now the support was secured for Enterprise and Busines until 2017, now is for all. The change can be seen in the web of life cycle

2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    Yes, but Mainstream Support will end on 10th April 2012, so that will mean no more service packs for Vista.

Just security/non-security updates till April 11th 2017.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    What's great about it? The fact that MS admits that they made this OS? (even they should never release it)

sebus

4. Original

Original MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    Mmm... what is great in the news? because until now many companies that had bought Ultimate and we held it successfully working flawlessly, because we wadding Vista, because it goes well, it ended with the media in April. It was illogical that Microsoft ended support for Windows Vista Home / Ultimate. Windows Vista has in the month of March 2012 twice as many users in the world that Mac OS. Windows Vista is installed in 9% of all computers in the world and MacOs at 5%. They realize that ending support for these versions were not Business / Vista Enterprise was to send a message to other buyers of your system that was worth spending the money. This is good. This is great

5. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Sad, there will be no SP3 for Vista! I installed Vista Ultimate with SP2 integrated today on a VM, and there were over a 100 available updates showing!

I think the same will happen for Windows 7 as well. Come May/June, MS will release SP2. Thereafter, they'll stop right there with Windows 7. No more SP afterwards. They'll start focusing on Windows 8 SP1 and Windows '9'. (Though, I seriously think Windows 7 doesn't deserve this Vista kind of treatment & neglect!)

Hopefully, they'll make a Post SP2 Update Rollup for Vista before the mainstream support ends! (April - seems very very unlikely that they'll do it!)

Even Windows XP deserves a Post SP3 Update Rollup.

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    No, none of these OS deserves anything, but be just put out. Why anybody would WANT To use use OS that is years old?
    Move on, next one please...

sebus

7. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    :D I still am running windows 98se with 5.1 sound in my workshop/garage on an old gateway work station. I payed $2000.00 for it. Still trying to get my monies worth. :D

8. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    LOL! Think about from a collector's point of view! :D I agree, why would anyone want to use any old OS. But I would love to have an XP or a Vista which has been fed with food (updates) till the last moment before being sacrificed in the unholy name of Ballmer! :D