Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Jun 6, 2011.
Movie: Let Me In
Link great movie
Movie: The Hurt Locker
Movie: Lord of War
loved this scene, and the ending text of the movie before credits.
Movie: Road to Perdition
First scene I showed my kids to get them into The Good The Bad and The Ugly. They loved the scene, the music and now the movie. Favorite western of all time!
The Time Traveller's Wife- Meeting Alba
Henry travels forward in time and meets his (currently yet to be born) daughter for the first time in his life, realizes that at the age she is when he meets her... he's already been dead for a few years- he traveled forward past his own death.
I don't know of any private citizens conducting war; that tends to really be a state-sponsored hobby. Well, it's getting murkier now, with Blackwater and little private armies but they're still all doing governments' dirty works - or, more correctly, doing more of their own (instead of solely relying upon their respective connections in x or y government/s).
I've confused myself now, but basically, an arms dealer is as despicable as your average pharmateutical exec or tobocco marketer or w/e. Viktor Bout and those types of high-profile sorts are selling to states 80% of the time, and to revolutionaries / state opposition the other 20%. And they're all backed to the hilt by one (or more) of those 5 you mentioned. Bout, who that movie was ostensibly based on, was either incredibly silly or (I suspect) got burned incredibly unexpectedly by the sort of folk one would expect answers only to a select few....
...until you're in the middle of a US v Russia tug-of-war mixed up in the Thai judicial system. Literally, no one could predict the outcome of a mess that messy; perhaps only the level of farcical - inevitable, of course...but in terms of outcome, in Thailand...lol. Wonder what happened to him? He probably cut a deal with (xxx) and sent to a plastic surgeon.
Martin Short & Kevin Bacon in The Big Picture
Lord of the Rings- All Episodes
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura
ICE AGE - Scenes of SCRAT and his NUT.....LOL...
and more scenes...
Mission Impossible The missile