GUIDE: How to really run Windows 7 forever without applying any cracks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mcclausky, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidos696

leonidos696 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    Hello!
    Well, there is one more way "How to really run Windows 7 forever without applying any cracks"

Make directory called C:\MYDIR .Write two next files, and save them on C:\MYDIR

FILE 1. (filename: REARM.reg)
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform]
    "SkipRearm"=dword:00000001

FILE2 (filename: trial.bat)
    REG IMPORT C:\MYDIR\REARM.reg
    SLMGR.VBS -REARM

Next step is open new task in the Task Scheduler
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools => Task Scheduler => Task Scheduler Library=> Action => Create Basic Task => Name (give a name for your task, call them "trial rearm") => "trial rearm" => Description => (not so important, it's your remark only)=> Trigger => Dayly (choose days and not months, because you must complete this task and rearm every 30 day!) => Recur every [30] days=> Enabled / OK => Action => Start a program => Browse (the place of your trial.bat file into C:\MYDIR) => Next => Finish.

*** in the future may rearm all the counters of install date in same case, but with few more commands and one more bat-file and one more task (full rearm period one in 120 days).

2. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    What if the key gets blocked and will sp1 bring any chane in this method???

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The method used here doesn't require any leaked keys... it uses Windows default trial keys, which can't be blocked by Microsoft [or even blocked, then new one will be easily collected from sources\product.ini]

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Default keys wont get blacklisted just like OEM SLP keys won't

5. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Then this is a very good method i suppose until the service packs don't mess it

6. DougDingle

DougDingle MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    To be fair, it's not possible to know what Microsoft might do in SP1 to stop this method and the BIOS-based method. I can think of several things they could do, and I'm not that smart.

It's all cat-and-mouse, and I'm reminded of the home satellite industry, who purposely turned a blind eye to hundreds of thousands of people using hacked smartcards in order to build a critical mass of customers (and to get the pirates addicted to the service) before implementing the heavy duty protection that stopped all hacking.

I'm just sayin'...

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  8. DougDingle

DougDingle MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    I'm afraid not. This is the OS we're talking about here, not some application. From the moment the machine gets past the BIOS screen, they OWN your machine, being both its brain (the OS) and spinal cord (the registry).

They could make WAT mandatory. They could eliminate rearms and write the first boot date to different unused portions of the boot sector. They could EASILY determine they're not running on, say, a DELL no matter what the cert says. If they decided to unleash a small team of smart people to deal with the issue directly and forcefully, with several layers of additional hidden protection on a time-release basis, wholly new methods would have to be devised to keep up, over and over. Like I said, cat-and-mouse.

What I'm saying is, just because they've always played nicely in the past with simplistic protection, does not mean they will do so in the future.

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, time will answer this.....

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  11. IH8Activation

IH8Activation MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    Cool tool there... I'll have to try it out next time I install W7 in a VM or something.

One thought I had, has anyone experimented with getting the reset.bat functionality to run during a normal boot-up of Windows, eliminating the need to boot into PE/RE? I know there's some registry key or file that gets polled early in the boot process, to update/delete files that were in use during an install and need to be updated on the next boot, and this happens before the serious bits get loaded. Perhaps the WPA key could be removed during this early stage of the boot, in essence causing the rearms to be reset automagically everytime the machine is booted.

Then the process would really be foolproof. In the worst case scenario, going too long without turning the system on, and ending up in "notification", this wouldn't happen since you'd be reset on every boot.

Thoughts? Feasible?

12. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    I think this project is almost complete. Refer to post#30 for a complete single batch file. I for one have completely run out ideas to improve this any more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Still requires a reboot if user is in windows already

14. curlyearl

curlyearl MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    Just used IR4. Had a bit of a scare as I accidentally restarted at the language screen. After restart, it told me no boot was available! Luckily I put in the disk and was able to restore.
    Just wanted to say thanks. It's working great.

15. Meru

Meru MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2010
    Great guide, thanks guys.

16. GAVINEER

GAVINEER MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    The best way to run Windows 7 forever is to buy the product. Period.

(I'm taking product key requests for those interested.)

17. 4access

4access MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Umm... is there any chance to just prevent OS from updating WPA data using subinacl? Or is it really necessary to remove the key completely and why?