GUIDE: How to really run Windows 7 forever without applying any cracks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mcclausky, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #341 timesurfer, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. tyeeman

tyeeman MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    I've been doing this manual way for a few months now and I just did it again but the second line of the batch file is not successful --

reg delete HKLM\MY_SYSTEM\WPA /f

It says that key is not found!!

Any suggestions on what to do?

3. tyeeman

tyeeman MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    Hey timesurfer
    I just tried it again and that 2nd line in the batch file worked ok. However it seems the product key is no longer accepted by windows! I'm using the one for Ultimate that starts with D4F6K. I guess it is doing an online check. Remember I'm using a vhd and decided to do it all manually. Does your new version IR5 work with vhd's and does it use that same product key??

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. mcclausky

mcclausky MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I've been using (and still using) this method since early 2010 without problems.

6. tyeeman

tyeeman MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    #348 tyeeman, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    It said that key was not found because I deleted it a few minutes earlier using the same procedure but I did it again and it worked ok but I am now seeing new screens about activating which I haven't seen since I started this method about 4 months ago.

I am going to image my HD and reboot with that image and try Daz's loader to see if it will work with that image before I try my main HD and screw up the bootstore. I've already edited my bootstore to be a custom that shows me my WinXP and Win7 partitions to choose from (Win7 is in a .vhd file) so I don't want to be locked out without trying it on my backup first.

I still don't understand why the default trial key won't work anymore on my machine? Strange. Is it working fine on everyone's still??

Update - Well, I tried the above with Daz's loader and it worked just fine. I guess I will stick with that unless something happens after a while.

7. asbleu

asbleu MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2010
    timesurfer, bonsoir ! voilà j essaye de télécharger mais les liens sont morts, svp essaye de me donner un autre lien, en pv si c est possible ! merci d avance !

8. dkmtom

dkmtom MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    Il semble que la version du programme qui est recommandee maintenant est

Trilogy 2.1 - The Official Windows 7, Office 2010 VL and Adobe CS5 AIO Solution

Suis le lien en vert que tu trouves dans les messages de timesurfer

[It seems like the updated version of the program is now

Trilogy 2.1 - The Official Windows 7, Office 2010 VL and Adobe CS5 AIO Solution]

9. Timido

Timido MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    thanks for the guide

10. redbug

redbug MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I have two instances of Windows 7 Ultimate installed. One instance is installed the normal way on my hard drive and the other is installed in a "native-boot" VHD.
    When I start my computer, I get a Windows Boot Manager screen that gives me the options to boot from Win7 on the HDD or Win7 on the VHD.
    I used your manual rearm method successfully on Win7 on the HDD, but I can't use it on Win7 on the VHD, because the Advanced Boot Options screen for the VHD does not show the "Repair your computer" option".
    Any ideas on why I don't get the "Repair your computer" option" when booting the VHD?
    Any ideas on how I can use your manual rearm method for Win7 installed in the VHD?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. redbug

redbug MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2010
    OK. Thanks. I will re-post my note in that thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. bizon69

bizon69 MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
  14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What do u mean??

15. coltsfanatic1

coltsfanatic1 MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2011
    thanks for the post.

16. mohannadn

mohannadn MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    Thanks
    I will try later

17. XPLuva

XPLuva MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    thank you :biggrin:

18. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    This is a very good method, thank you for posting it :D