GUIDE: How to really run Windows 7 forever without applying any cracks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mcclausky, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    In UltraISO it says

Bootable:
    Make floppy image
    Write floppy image

Load boot image
    Save boot file
    Clear boot information
    Generate infoboottable
    Make multi-boot dvd/cd

No write disk image

2. Ipmark

Ipmark MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
  3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Any success booting into WinPE.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #65 timesurfer, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    Yep I was given a better copy of UltraISO and then burnt to USB and accessed WinPE fine. Thanks for asking. I'll redo my DVD so it will boot also.

What do you think about the issue of whether or not the task will be executed depending on computer being off or on. Otherwise Windows7RearmTask4 works rad. I found myself creating other .bat files to do things manually even though the Windows7RearmTask4.bat takes care of everything. I know with a API this could have buttons to say manually rearm (just in case the rearm task can't operate if computer happens to be off), check remaining rearms, uninstall 29 day task, as well as the main script which does everything including creating hidden .bat files. I wanted to ask you though. I noticed there is a confirmation of 29 day task having been created but I didn't notice a message when it unistalls. That would be handy for clearity of the user.

Anyhow I'm clearly too into this...lol
    I think I have a problem...lol
    Take care:)

p.s. does anyone know if the info when using the command slmgr /dlv exposes any computer specs or ID's or basically something I should black out when sharing the how many rearms window on the net?

5. PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    Hi guys,

First time poster here. Thank you to the OP for posting this thread, I found it most informative. I did have one question though, what happens if you miss the 29th day mark and do not get reminded about it ? What if you turned on your PC on the 32nd day? How would this affect it?

-Cheers.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I addressed that in my last comment. Perhaps a task could be created to check at reboot or something but I'm not worried about it although it would be cool to know fur sure dude.

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Basically the only thing I saw there that you might want to block is the category "Partial Product Key" but you only need to block it if you have a real legit key. If you have one of the leaked OEM Slp keys or if windows is in trial mode then you don't need to block anything. Most info are weblinks so don't worry about that lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    Timesurfer,

Hmm, I'm going to assume that if you've not used your computer in a while and you're uncertain of what might happen if you start up (or you can't remember how long ago you've rearmed it), it would make sense to just reset the damn thing right? ;)

Cheers.

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    And Windows7RearmTask4 works with defaut keys which are generic like slp keys right so really reagarding this tool we are fine. Thanks sam

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #71 sam3971, Apr 9, 2010
    When windows is in trial mode is uses the default key. Kinda like an embedded trial Slp key that only lasts 30 days before re-arm is ran. It does not hurt to show that. BTW good job with the script you have been working on. I got to see what you did to enhance it dude. :) Nice work but isn't it missing the files "reset.bat" and "removeTask.bat"? These files are referenced in your readme but are not there. All I see is the readme and "Windows7RearmTask.bat" dude. Used your direct like in your signature.

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #72 timesurfer, Apr 9, 2010
    That confused me at first also. The Windows7RearmTask.bat file creates those files and places them in the C:\ drive. Their also hidden. So this is why my last couple posts had some thought revolving about a possible API that would have those things as buttons. Like removetask.bat, Check Remaining Rearms button, and maybe a manual button in case the task misses its chance because of the computer potentially being off. But of course you'll always have to just type reset.bat in the WinPE or WinRE but if a GUI did get made I think when running Windows7RearmTask.bat file in the first step a message about what to do after rebooting and getting into WinPE (RE) just as a reminder. This is getting fun. Wish I knew this stuff better but right now we owe most of the credit to the OP and especially MasterDisaster at this projects current state.

And you sam3971 of course with the Install default key script you gave me...lol

Take care dude:)

12. PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    Hi guys,

So, is it possible for Microsoft to patch this exploit? Just curious.

Cheers.

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Ok dude. Just curious, thanks for the update.

@PoisonWolf, M$ can somehow remove the whole rearm system if they wanted to but I doubt they would because that is so ppl can testrun windows longer before buying/activating. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #75 timesurfer, Apr 9, 2010
    Thats the Million Dollar question...lol Literally...lol

@sam3971

I think the next steps in this project might revolve around the certainty based on whether or not it will rearm every 29 days fur sure despite computer being off or not.

15. PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    Timesurfer,

It's not going to rearm if it's turned off. I assume once it has passed it's evaluation period, it'll start telling you to buy it now, etc, and that it'll eventualy start shutting down every 2 hours or so. But speculatively speaking, I would assume that if you still have rearms left, you can just manually keep it in like how it is instructed on the first page and it'll be fine.

Cheers.

Cheers.

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  17. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  18. mmmbeards

mmmbeards MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    Hey you guys,

This look awesome. Waaaay better than using cracks and loaders over and over again. I just have one teeny weeny problem. When I restart my only options are F2 (setup) or F12 (boot options). When I hit F12 there is no Repair windows option to select. Is there an alternative method to pull up the command prompt from the boot screen? I have an older dell.

Thank you!