[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v3.55

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    So there no way to disable keylogging after an account has been created?

2. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    U can sysperp and then do i but it will del all files and config

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Is there a way to do it in an offline servicing? For instance, when creating an AIO?

4. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    Yea run it on vmware run the cmds before creating user shutdown the vmware with cmd
    Capture to wim
    Done

5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    For my little understanding that radio analogy is a bit different in this case. The Windows 10 Technical Preview is still under the Microsoft prerogative and it is not sold to anybody yet.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That is simply true!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    Really , I find people complaining about disabling the key logging annoying. I never agreed for them to log emails etc or sell info to vendors. things like disabling Key loogers is what MDL is about as someone who just joined MDL you should lurk more to see what this site is really about.

8. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010

Exactly !!!!

9. deagles

deagles MDL Developer

Feb 22, 2013
  10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    thank you :D

11. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    microsoft has provided this software to all as a courtesy, and not just to developers. as the name says "Technical Preview", meaning feedback required. the EULA states what to expect, and we all agreed, for better or worse. if no logging took place would you seriously send feedback that if i push this key or that key i got a BSOD. what if you decided even though you agreed to the EULA and then decided to opt out of the feedback portion ( if it was available ) and your operationg system was returned to your previous version or if it was a clean install just format your HD. since they are providing this as free to all it, imho, is there perogative to get some things in return. i may not agree with it, but that's the way it is. it's simple. no feedback no OS to try out. then where would we be. remember this is a privilege not a right.

12. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    The whole point of beta testing is to report bugs and findings to the author to help improve the end product. This entire thread is pointless and stinks of paranoia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    This isn't the thread to discuss it. This is a thread to discuss how to disable the keylogging, not your personal views.

To anyone against the disabling of telemetry and keylogging, why not start a new thread about it instead of hijacking threads that are for the idea?

14. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    The ridiculous idea of disabling the "key-logger" which it isn't detracts from the purpose of beta testing. You can disagree with my opinion but unless you suddenly became an admin you have no business telling me what I can say and where I can say it.

15. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    here we go.. YAY..

So this one time, I was going through my aunties panties drawer, and I found an elephant tusk made out of pure plastic! It had 2 batteries and a flag pole holder. Ok so that wasn't the shocking part, I think the shocking part was when I opened the other drawer, I seen 2 rolls of duct tape, a small bag of cat liter and 3 tubes of petroleum jelly! My mind raced as I tried to figure out what the heck the two drawers had in common.

So I asked her...

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Just be glad it was your aunt, and not your uncle..... Just sayin.

17. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #78 murphy78, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  18. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm... I don't believe it would block the additional stuff like the keylogger and/or the application monitoring event logs.
    Someone could test it, but I'm fairly certain this is a different beast that is not removable. You can block it or disable the services and such, but it's like an STD that penicillin won't cure.
    It's always there, even if it's dormant.

19. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    #80 KnowledgeableNewbie, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    are you volunteering. ;) not to be disrespectful or anything, but Murphy78 gave a possible fix, and now you can apply it, and decide for yourself if it does what you would like it to do. one of the best parts of using it as a secondary OS or in a VM is that if you screw it up you can just delete it. what i would do is try disabling any of the services that aren't in Win 8.1, check out any autostarts and disable what i wanted, and go through the scheduled tasks. i do hope though that anyone disabling any keylogger or feedback will manually report any and all problems encountered during use, so that MS can address problems. also i hope everyone remembers that MS is only responsible for the OS not the 3rd party apps that are installed after. 3rd party developers are, i'm sure, actively working on fixes.