[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v3.55

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #121 TONSCHUH, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Yeah, I live with over 40 still with mommy and daddy, especially where I moved to the other side of the world.

Your wall of text was a pointless rant about rubbish.

If you are one of these few users with certain issues, then there is for sure the OS / M$ to blame.

Driver-Issues => old or crap hardware => blame the manufacturer, upgrade your hardware, stay with your old OS

Paranoid about "Data-Mining" => stay away from TP's, Alpha's, Beta's or the Internet in general

You don't have to be a Geek to do some research or to simply ask someone for help.

To have a high IQ doesn't make you a Geek, because you are not born as a Geek and even intelligent people need some kind of input to become a Geek.

Geeks and Nerds are a different bunch of people, but even that doesn't matter, because they have both still a life, believe it or not.

:coffee:

2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #122 Mr Jinje, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Something like this I imagine. Can anyone report back if 127.0.0.1 is actually slower that 0.0.0.0.

3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #123 Mr Jinje, Oct 14, 2014
    Or better method.

4. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #124 Mr Jinje, Oct 14, 2014
    Undo command.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    127.0.0.1 is although Localhost and if you run any local server on your Machine, as more entries pointing to 127.0.0.1 as more the connection will slow down. While using 0.0.0.0 there will be no slow down because 0.0.0.0 will not report to anything back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    meh ..

live with it. go with it.

7. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    But you state it yourself that Toshiba is the one which is causing you that issues, because their driver-support is at least not top.

A manufacturer usually only supports the OS they made the hardware for and not any previous ones.

Up to Windows-7 you were able to fiddle around even with drivers for a previous OS-Version, but that was not always without issues either.

Support for Laptop's or cheap "off-the-shelf" Desktop-PC's, like HP / Compaq / Dell etc., is in general pretty poor.

What model do you have ?

Maybe there is something we can do about it, but it would be better to start a sep. thread for it.

PS: ... but not tonight, as I have to stand up early for work.

:)

8. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    #128 Ace2, Oct 14, 2014
    Windows has been locked so much, these few topics are all that are left for most average users, to talk about.:eek:

Point:
    Most average users only care about, activation, watermarks, themes, aero glass, start menu, being hacked / spied on, AND NOW BEING watched with keyloggers.:fear:

9. say-no-to-data-mining

Oct 14, 2014
    #129 say-no-to-data-mining, Oct 14, 2014
    the issue i am having with windows 8.1 which is the factory installed os aside from the no windows start menu and all the modern ui apps not having the necessary tool bars with drop down menu to execute the necessary commands to make them useable and not having the ability to install addons in the metro web browsers is the internet.
    found a workaround for the start menu by installing vistart to bring back the start menu uninstalled all modern ui apps to get rid of the problems with that at least the ones that can be uninstalled threw change pc settings.
    my problem with the internet is that i can only get 30 meg per second download speed when i am on a 100 meg download connection which works fine for windows 7 computer and for the linux laptop the supervisor for my internet company had when he came out several times. I was told by several it professionals that work for my internet provider that the problem is the way windows 8.1 handles tcp ip and the settings in my computer must be messed up. from what i can find online it isnt possible to change this in windows 8.1 because when you reboot or shutdown and restart the computer these settings are restored to factory default hence my statement that windows 8.1 doesn't handle internet correctly and my desire to install windows 10 even at this early date in the hope it will handle this better. from feedback i have read online about windows 10 it was reported to handle internet allot faster at least for gaming.
    when i am more awake i will find the model of my laptop and post it and find out how to make a new thread which i think should probably be posted in the windows 8.1 forum.

10. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    I think that if peeps want to remove keylogger it's their choice. If peeps want to run TP stock, that's also their choice.

I remember the big shout when Windows Experience started appearing in XP. A lot of users weren't happy and some didn't care. Difference is this is a TP not a an RTM.

I bet you a bunch of users don't even bother to disable the OFFICE feedback on RTM which actually asks you to send files like Word, Excel etc. That's RTM!

I don't see anybody crying foul if you try to activate a volume license when you don't have that right. Or those who try to find a free key crack to Windows.

Some do it and others abstain. Still a choice.

The difference between technical preview and beta test is beta testers will push and shove to come in and agree to all requests from MS. TP is open to all, so opinions will vary.

Still a choice :cool:

11. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    We might need that in future builds if they lock certain permissions behind the trustedinstaller permissions.

12. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    we still don't know how to remove the keylogger in win10.
    I suspect it has something to do with Internet Explorer and some sort of plugin, but I haven't spent much time on that.

13. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    If we knew exactly what the keylogging is/does it would be simple to circumvent.
    Right now we just know they record keystrokes for auto-fill data analysis.
    Auto-Fill is a thing for Internet Explorer and other web browsers, but we don't know if the logging is aware of other browsers and is OS-based or if it's specific to IE.
    There's so much data being recorded and sent in this TP that it's hard to find out which programs do what.

14. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Like I said, there's so much data being logged and transferred, it's hard to tell.
    We've yet to test the deagles service disable and subsequent keylogger hunting.

If you wanna go test it and whip out wireshark and start hunting, be our guest.
    I made an easy enable/disable script the other day. You can scroll back a few pages for that.

I personally don't have much experience with the network monitoring so I've been kinda backseat driving the more expert of the MDL people.
    I guess I could, but I have a big problem with false assumptions.
    I may just do that if nobody reports about the keylogger within a couple days.
    I'm going to be pretty busy today with the Win8.1 patch date.

15. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    #137 KnowledgeableNewbie, Oct 14, 2014
    what about ping -a (numerical ip) which shows the address. which can then be added to the hosts file. i'm sure somebody has done this, but figured i'd suggest.

16. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #138 Mr Jinje, Oct 14, 2014
  17. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    #139 hb860, Oct 15, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #140 Mr Jinje, Oct 15, 2014