Gunna mod my own UEFI - Not had owt to do with the newer BIOS..Can I ask

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tnx, Jul 14, 2012.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi guys.
    Been asked to build a new PC for my sons mate. Was gunna go with the older LGA 775 but decided to try the newr LGA 1155.
    The lads budget is a bit tight so there will be nowt fancy at all. Looking at Gigabyte H61 married to a Pentium 1155.
    He will get brand new bits but at the cheaper end.

I have modded my own BIOS's but all the machines I have built so far I have stuck with Abit LGA 775. Just because I know I can modd them succesfully.

When It comes to the newer UEFI I have not even seen a board up and running let alone mod one.
    I have been messing with the BIOS\UEFI from a Gigabyte and using the Phoenix Tool 206 i have succesfully added SLIC 2.1 and SLP to the BIOS file. All though I did not make a RW Report.

What I would like to ask is flashing UEFI,is it the same as the older BIOS ?
    Just flash it under DOS and away you go,install W7 with the correct OEM files added to the disc and voila W7 activated.
    Or is it more involved.

I guess I am a bit nervous of doing my first UEFI and dont want to brick owt..

And the RW Report. Is this vital. I suppose once I have all the bits,I should build it up and test it with a new install then flash the BIOS. Would have to make a RW Report with the test install...

or

Not looked but is there a new loader for the newer UEFI setup. Would be safer ??

:confused:

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    It's easy:Download from here and readme. ;)
    Select in BIOS to boot non-UEFI and format HDD with MBR. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Cheers for this info. Will give it a good read.