Harry potter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by msmmpts, Jul 3, 2011.

?

are u planning to watch harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2

Poll closed Aug 2, 2011.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. msmmpts

msmmpts MDL Member

Sep 25, 2010
    are you guys planning to watch harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2??

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Nope the Movies got atrocious after the first one, too many changes, it doesn't look like Potter anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    The HP novels are magnificent to read. And I think they also did a very good job with the movie series as well. I mean, you can't expect a 2 hour movie to be as satisfying and go into as much detail as the book does. Most of the HP movie characters are portrayed quite well IMO.

Although its been quite a while, I can recollect that Richard Harris was irreplaceable as Dumbledore. Michael Gambon, although an excellent actor, isn't quite at home with that particular role.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. implication

implication MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2011
    It is a must see file this year. This film to me is the visualized version of the book. I love the book but not the film. I am happy this is the last of the series. No more anger after that.

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Shrinking the plot would not be bad, time restrictions or whatever stupid reasons they come up with is not an issue. What I have a serious problem with is putting stuff in the plot that was not in the book. Essentially you are changing the story so it's not Harry Potter, it's the writer/director adaption of Harry Potter. A blasphemous example of this is in Lord of the Rings when Aragorn went to Dunharrow and basically got into a fight with the Dead. I bet Tolkien turned in his grave when that happend. The primary problem is that Hollywood cannot tell a proper story, it's like what Michael Crichton said, when you sell your story to Hollywood collect your payment and run.

6. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    I liked the books but i didnt watch all the movies,so i dont know how they are

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Probably, at some point :p

But they were quite smart how they release the last movie, as 2 Parts, two times the money they can get :) Milking at its finest. (it seriously has nothing to do with how long the movie is..)

8. chris2u

chris2u MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    Probably not...and I don't reckon it's too good for young kids!

9. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    I agree that Hollywood cr@ps on the storyline of almost any movie they get their hands on. I don't tend to watch big pricey productions for that very reason. It's just too annoying. But having read the HP books, I m glad the HP movies turned out the way they did - I mean it could have been a lot worse. Given the fact that it was always going to be the big guys who eventually would get the hands on the HP storyline. Movies that follow 100% the storyline of the novel - just happen once in a million. Put it otherwise, if I was to stop watching movies that deviate from the original storyline, I wouldn't be able to watch a movie ever again.

:D

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Not even seen 5 mins across all movies and not even read a single page. However, my 11 year old son has watched almost all.
    I think it is more of a brand than something genuine. Going by her past, JKR will definitely come up with something. No amount of money or fame is enough if the desire for it is infinite.

11. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    The last movie is made in 2 pieces to get more money from those freaks

12. MrKaon

MrKaon MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I hate it, rip of people

13. alzz

alzz MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2010
    Man, Michael Crichton looks like he means business. The role demands badassery 3rd book onwards, whereas Richard Harris was nice actor, but here he looked more of santa claus-like :director:. But I'd say, a more grave and clever - simultaneously - looking actor could've been put here.

waddya think?