has anyone activated Office 2010 4763?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by danwalmsley, Apr 20, 2010.

1. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    #21 win_seven, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    If you have 30 days grace periode. it is cos you have installed the Retail version. The KMS activator and also Tuvi are only for VL (volume licence) version.To day it is not possible to activate Retail version. Or see how to convert retail version in VL.

2. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    No.. I suppose I installed VL edition itself, not retail one coz the setup I have is select edition. I think select edition is VLK and not retail, if I am not wrong.

3. spiralien

spiralien MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    if you have VL version, try this with mini-kms activator :
    1 - Click on 'Rearm Office 2010' Button
    2 - Click on 'Activate Office 2010' button

Excuse my poor english.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    I did that, but still not working.. I dont know why its giving such a problem in activation even after trying for abt 20 times with different versions of KMS.
    Anyways, I have uninstalled Office now and will try again.

Is the procedure fine?
    1) install office
    2) open kms activator
    3) run key manager in it.
    4) run activation.

I followed this procedure initially. But will try again with fresh install. Is there anything wrong I did?

Thanks in advance.

5. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Run this command as administrator and put the results here.

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" –dstatus

6. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    The status shows as below:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft office\Off
    ice14\ospp.vbs" -dstatus
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    ---Exiting-----------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft office\Off
    ice14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7

---Processing--------------------------
    SKU ID: 6f327760-8c5c-417c-9b61-836a98287e0c
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
    LICENSE STATUS: ---NOTIFICATIONS---
    ERROR CODE: 0xC004F056
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer cou
    ld not be activated using the Key Management Service (KMS).
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: H3GVB
    ---Exiting-----------------------------

Please Help.. Now, even reinstalling shows that product activation failed. For how long will I be able to use it? How to completely uninstall Office?

7. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    This is the error I get during activation:

Microsoft (R) Windows Software Licensing.
    =========================================================

Remove KMS host name (sets port to default).

Old KMS Server data deleted from the registry.

Key Management Service machine name set to Localhost successfully.

Please wait. Executing activation requests...

After 16 attempts Office 2010 activation failed.
    Please try more later.

Errors detected:

---------------------------------------------------------
    Installed product key detected - attempting to activate the following product:
    SKU ID: 6f327760-8c5c-417c-9b61-836a98287e0c
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: H3GVB
    ERROR CODE: 0x8007000D
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: Incorrect data. Try more.

Press any key to exit...

8. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    To uninstall completely

Uninstall Office 2010, do not restart
    Run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft and delete the folder "OfficeSoftwarProtectionPlatform"
    Now you can restart
    Reinstall office and test with the new version of miniKMS. For that see the post of Tito #223
    in the thread " How to convert Office 2010 Retail Installation to Office 2010 VL"

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would have to agree with win seven on this one. I know anyone who had office 2010 installed prior, even the beta or tech preview or any other builds will have to remove the OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform file in regedit or it may cause issues like the one you are getting. If you remove office 2010 completely including the reg keys then reinstall the volume edition you should be good to go dude. I hope this helps you out dude. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    I did uninstall the software completely n reinstalled it. But somehow it comes to know that I had installed it previously n shows the message "Product Activation failed."
    I have still tried activating with KMS activator, but I don't think its worth trying that at this point. Any ideas as to how to remove this "Product Activation failed" and bring it back to grace period of 30 days so that I can try activating it using the activator?
    If I have no option left, I may have to reinstall the OS. I am still using Office10 as it only gives a warning while starting the software, but is allowing me to use it completely without any limitations.

11. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Good afternoon so here goes you could replace the tokens.dat and cache.dat and let it do a office repair and you should be back to 180 days I think...
    Not quite certain cause I haven't played around with this in a little while...

12. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Well, a nice idea.. But the problem is that I have installed Office2010 for the first time on my PC i.e. v14.0.4760.1000 version. I have never installed Beta version. So, if I uninstall my current version, install beta, make backup of tokens.dat and cache.dat, reinstall RTM and over write those files, will I be able to get back at 180 days?

If yes, I might try that rather than re-install my OS.

13. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Also is KMS activator completely working i.e. can it really activate always? Or there can be chances that it might fail becoz I had tried it abt 20-25 times to no avail before I tried Tuvi's mthd and goofed up somewhere causing the "Product activation failed" message. Or I think it might have become this way due to trying to rearm Office more than 3 times?

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    You didn't catch exactly what I was talking about lol...
    I wasn't referring to trying to transfer the beta activation cause it doesn't work...
    I was talking about transferring the activation files or even deleting them so office makes a new one...
    Or doing the same in the registry which should fix your problem...

15. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Actually, when I had uninstalled Office, i had manually deleted the token and cache files and also deleted the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform". But after installing Office later, it was showing "Product activation failed" message again. So, I dont think your specified method of deleting and repairing would work here for me. There is some other place where this activation data is saved, I suppose.

16. techyy

techyy MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Thank you everyone for giving me various opinions on solving my issue.
    Finally I resolved the issue although on my own. Actually, the problem seems to be only with WinXPSP3 and some CD emulation softwares like daemon tools, etc installed on it.

I found the solution on one of the MS pages itself:
    support. microsoft. com/ kb/ 982768

All I had to do is edit one registry (in fact add a registry key) and restart my PC.
    Then all I did was tried activating with KMS activator and VOILA!! It activated in one attempt. The same activator which was giving me sleepless nights by not activating, suddenly activated my copy of Office in the 1st attempt..

So, I would like to bring to the notice that those who are having problem activating their copies on Windows XP, may try this same option as a solution.
    Just visit: "support. microsoft. com/ kb/ 982768"

Well, the procedure mentioned there is as follows:
    1. Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    4. Type UpperFilters, and then press ENTER.
    5. Right-click UpperFilters, and then click Modify.
    6. In the Value data box, type PartMgr, and then click OK.
    7. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.

In the above procedure, I had created a Multi string value called UpperFilters, insted of a Dword. But still it worked. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: