has anything changed with windos 8.1 or 10 in the last few months?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by skamath, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    QUOTE=skamath;1241420]I have looked up the videos on glass separation I was so close to convincing myself to change the glass but then stopped in my tracks. I don't need that kinda punishment. ;) :D [/QUOTE]

:confused: You :eek: :rofl:

I remembered using my heat gun recently but just couldn't remember for what :confused: It finally came to me that I'd used it to dry a sewer pipe that I was repairing by putting JB Weld :D on a crack. Heat gun hadn't been out the barn in 15 years so I was surprised it worked after I removed the spider webs and wasp nests :) I haven't seen any of the Videos but I can imagine it'd be a pain. I'm thinking along the line of heating just enough with the heat gun, then using a variable PSU to heat the thin wire like I did when using a DIY hotwire foam cutter o_O But You'd still be left with residue that would need something like MEK to remove, and MEK would most likely melt the LCD :death:I could get my hands on two phones like mine to try, but I'd really have to be bored o_O

I haven't priced powered USB hubs but I'm needing to go on The Egg and look for some printer ink :( so ?? I still think My best option is just getting another tablet. I could even get a "Free" one if I signed a Contact with My Cell Provider instead of just using unlocked phones so I can swap providers if I have any problems. I never found any reports of the last Patch Tuesday updates crashing any PCs, so it had to be caused by a failed Win 10 upgrade :confused: but there's nothing on the SD card o_O unless I need to check for deleted files with a recovery program :confused: I just have more important things to do now, but later if My OCD keeps Me from sleeping thinking about it :D

I always worked nights so it took many many Years and all types of drugs for Me to finally be able to get some -aka- any sleep at night. I still sleep better during the day when I take my nap. And BAT is actually a acronym My "Biker Type" Brother (RIP) made up a lifetime ago for the way I'd fly My airplanes. :eek: Long story so maybe one day in the how you pick your tag thread :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    after the LCD separation there is a liquid that is used to clean the residue. It looks so easy on the videos but they don't exactly tell you the failure rate do they?
    BTW I picked up my hub from ebay for $2. Although there is one micro USB port for charging it doesn't charge the device but I have been told that it is meant to charge external device which is attached to the USB hub. o_O:eek:

3. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Well I just watched a couple of the Vids :eek: it just looks so easy :D I can imagine the "Acceptable" success rate is less than 10%. :p I can't even get a screen protector on without air pockets, lint, dust and fingerprints :biggrin: I'm going to have to show some of those Vids to the Dude I know that thought the slot above the Nokia name was a place to put a screwdriver to remove the back cover :eek: He might want to try it to keep his fingers from bleeding when he swipes the screen. :D

I was shivering from the cold this morning standing in the shade with the temp 95F :confused: I was so wet from working in the Sun, when I took a break, the wind started blowing around 10mph and I got cold :D

So back to the OP, there's nothing that's changed a far as I know when installing Win 8.1 or the last Stable build of Win 10. The last Preview Builds end up with a install ISO that's a little more than .2GB over previous versions, :confused: I still haven't figured it out or found anything posted on exactly why there's such a big difference :confused: but if You're planning on upgrading that Accursed Tablet You own to the Anniversary Edition :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    I plan to upgrade alright. right now it is on the win 10 working all ok but with one small problem. The touch doesn't register at the edges of the screen. For example if I need to close a maximised window I need to touch a little bit lower and diagonally to the x mark or else.... punishment :D
    It is as if the screen is a fraction of an inch smaller as per the driver but no big deal I can live with that :D