Has Google declared war on Mozilla ?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ceo54, Jul 31, 2018.

1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Hi,

I was using Maxthon browser but I switched to Firefox yesterday and the first things I noticed is that Google Captcha, on Firefox is not just difficult, it's brutal. I did a search to see if it was just me and indeed people on different boards were complaining about Captcha being more difficult on Firefox. It's almost impossible to do multiple Captchas, I'm currently running both Firefox and Maxthon to get around this Google policy.

I switched back to Chrome and it was back to normal. Just select three images and you're off. Also, the images loaded with a blink, like they should but on Firefox they take about 1 to 2 seconds to load. And Captcha alsways reloads regardless of how accurate my input was not twice but thrice. I also checked it with the Internet Explorer and it's fine there too.

I tried changing my useragent to chrome but Google beats me to it. Every other site detects my Firefox as Chrome but Google still detecting it as Firefox (in URL's "Client=firefox")

I have no virus, malware. My machine is clean. And I don't use any VPN, proxy, TOR etc.

Now I've got three questions:

1- Is this prejudice based on some real genuine threat that Firefox poses or is it just business as usual ?
    2- Is Mozilla aware of this ? What are they doing to resolve it ?
    3- What can I do to resolve it ? Is there a solution to this problem ?

P.S Even you don't wanna answer the questions, I would still appreciate your feedback on this issue.

Thank you for reading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lolnothankyou

lolnothankyou MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2018
    I don't have any particular problems with Google Captcha.

1. They want to make the other browsers look bad. It's just business, nothing personal.
    2. Why would they care. Mozilla's management (paid by Google) goal is to kill the browser anyway.
    3. You can't do much. Changing your user agent won't work because Google can detect your browser by many other ways if you have JavaScript enabled. Which you do if you see the captcha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    #3 lewcass, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    google image searches results have changed with FF, you got a whole page of pictures, now you only get some. Doesnt happen with slimjet. Mind you i declared war on google and use duck duck go now. eff em. they have got too big for their boots and really need taking down a lot of rungs, they dont own the internet.

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  5. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    FF is slow for me because i got more addons than a dykes got dildos. I kinda get a feeling im gonna like something so i'll just download and watch it later. Mostly documentaries these days. :)

6. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    If you are gonna use bandwith to watch the damn thing once use the same bandwith and download it and watch it many times. google can gfts.