has microsoft pulled WAT update?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by madmarx, Mar 17, 2010.

1. LoL4LoL

LoL4LoL MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Same here. I looked in my hidden updates and it's gone. Interesting.

2. nvranka

nvranka MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2010
    i did a clean install a few days ago and i got that update...dno if its a more recent change or what

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009

How do you think the preactivated versions are activated ?......

Loaders ofcourse.

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #24 acyuta, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    I am definitely ignorant but on that, I was perhaps not. On the relevant issue, will a preact 3.47 gb image result in kb971033 showing (mine does) whereas an unact+daz/hazar loader not show that update. Some people are getting that update in their inbox and some are not. Anyway, I do have the unact. image. Only a bit fatigued to replace my preact. with unactivated+loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nanana1

nanana1 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, WAT has been pulled out of Windows Update. Confirmed.

6. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    where did you read this? if this is true.. it will make more sense as to why none of my clean installs have received the WAT update ..

7. frisbee66

frisbee66 MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
  8. nanana1

nanana1 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2010
    Well, I uninstall my WAT (KB971033) update and then did a Windows Update check and it shows that there is no important update. This means that the WAT update has been withdrawn from the Windows Update servers. ;)

9. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    It funny over here at mdl we alway know before they do lol

11. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #33 Brainsuck, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  12. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    If it was removed then how does the validator site work now? WGA again?

13. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
  14. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i made some calls. i was told wat will still be active. BUT certain regions like the usa and others were not supposed to get the update YET. so it was pulled from the update servers that those areas connect to. some parts of the world as i am told will see it while others will not for a while. but they are still planning on using wat and it is still going to be coming. i was also told they are adding to it for a wider detection of...... wait for it.... bios mods. this was told to me by a direct person i know at microsoft in the corp offices. now they are not in the tech or development end of things but they work directly in the corp offices. she also told me they DO know of some issues already showing up from some oem companies.. like... hp.... =)

take it for what its worth but i have known her for over 10 years and she has no reason to lie about it

15. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    @armada
    I think you right... I've been trying to figure out this line in the diag report " Windows marker version: 0x20001" - Problem is some genuine setups have that error as well (maybe they still need to fine-tune it?) - after some research it appears to be a firmware hash (most likely bios in this instance) through the UEFI which basically is "The interface of data tables that contain platform-related information, boot service calls, and runtime service calls that are available to the operating system and its loader. These provide a standard environment for booting an operating system and running pre-boot applications." I haven't had enough time to research this one thoroughly as yet but maybe the dev's here that deal with this sort of stuff can comment - just some food for thought...;)

16. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
  17. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Thanks for clearing that up Armada. Damn if what you are saying is true it is going to mess a bunch of users up here that have pirated copies. Maybe they should go back with Vista or XP lol. That sux to hear though, good job reporting this though +Rep