has microsoft pulled WAT update?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by madmarx, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    yea I know lol. It really was not a big deal to reinstall though because I have image backups lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    She 'could' use mine....all i have to know is what she does look like...foxy? :D

4. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #124 Thomas, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    The WAT update is now reappearing in the Hidden Updates section again, for me.

5. staats

staats MDL Member

Oct 14, 2008
    same here after being missing for almost a week

6. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    I bet Microsoft has some more database signatures in this update & some possible tweaking to the WAT update itself to flag more cracks. Hmm :g:

7. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #127 Brainsuck, Mar 26, 2010
  8. ennio

ennio Guest

Possible, but I think they are correcting mistakes or someone is preparing the law suit.

9. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    + 1
    same here ..
    it appeared last night after disappearing for almost 2 weeks ...
    i guess Microsoft has refined it a bit ..

East Coast, USA

10. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
  11. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #132 Brainsuck, Mar 26, 2010
    Carlos is ms want a be brownie points

12. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    Brainsuck, you're an idiot.

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #134 timesurfer, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    What logical evidence do you have to support you conclusions of your opinion of brainsuck...lol

14. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    because of his antics on the MS forums and his lack of punctuation. Makes it a bit tough to read.

15. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #136 armada, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
    i do not work there nor can i speak for anyone. i was told today in a email from a person i know who works in the corp offices that there are some issues with some oem's and customers with wat. they said the major issue has been with hp. according to this person (and i have also made calls to people at hp i know since i am a certified tech for hp as well as other brands) they have had a number of calls regarding brand new oem installed copies flagged as non genuine as have a few other companies. while not a crazy high number or anything like that they said the oem's in question were a but concerned in a meeting they were in. this person also said they had heard ms may not take this as far as first thought due to certain concerns from some oem's as well as possible problems coming from certain legit resellers of win 7. again i can not speak for this but this was told to me today. a bit more info as well but that i can not post here due to them asking me not to at this point..

also i have found a legit 2.1 bios from a oem with a date code of 2008!!! it seems that they changed the bios to add the 2.1 info in but didnt alter the date of the bios.. i downloaded it right from the manufacture and checked it does have 2.1 but is from 12, 2008...so im not sure how going after date codes with things like this will be possible im sure there may be other out there as well with this type of issue coming out down the line if all a oem did was add 2.1 but didnt bother to change the date of a older bios ms may cause major issues...

im in the usa and still showing no wat in updates at this time

another thing and some may hate me for saying this but why are all of you all over the ms forums. why bother them. imo just leave it alone. i dont understand why we as people trying to break wat are on ms forum basically HELPING THEM explaining more and more things about bios mods and loaders etc. not that they dont maybe read this on here but why are we making it that much more visable to people over there. we all have a mostly great thing here why cant we just leave it be and not cause trouble and leave ms alone. that harder we push and more info we give over there could mean (maybe not but you really never know) worse for us later. maybe its just me but i just dont get it. its like someone cracking a adobe program then going on adobe forum and saying look this is how it works.. i dont mean to make enemies and i dont mean this to anyone in particular but i really think we should all leave ms alone and not push them over there.. again maybe just me

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I totally agree with you dude. Ppl need to stop being noobs and asking M$ directly when they have bios mods or loaders. I think it is just stupid on their part lol. BTW I live in Cali and I get the WAT update on WU at least my friend did on a custom version of win7 called 7 Darker Edition. I already have WAT installed so IDK if my computer will see it though. Just letting you know dude.

17. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Was offered KB971033 yesterday, on all my machines.... 1-100% LEGIT and 4 Pirate system... all still 100% Activated and all passed "Genuine Validation" by downloading a file which requires such.

18. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    I installed 2 lappies last week (03/17/10) without KB971033 showing in the updates. Yesterday (03/27/10) i reinstalled my laptop (new HDD) and it showed up again.

Go figure!

19. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I would like to thank armada for the informative posts on this thread and would like to agree with the comments about ms.
    I'm in the uk and have not seen KB971033 yet.