has microsoft pulled WAT update?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by madmarx, Mar 17, 2010.

1. madmarx

madmarx MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2009
    Thankyou for the heads up on WAT Armada!!!

2. jbysmith

jbysmith MDL Junior Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Just showed up for me as well after disappearing for a couple weeks. (East coast US) My test system is still "genuine" via a self-done BIOS mod. (I don't install that crap on my work systems, I don't want or need MSE.)

3. In2it

In2it MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    I received KB971033 on Feb 23 and hid it. About 10 days ago i noticed it had gone. Today it is back in hidden updates. Weird.

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For a relative of mine, I bought an HP Pavilion laptop on Saturday. In India at least, for OEM and unactivated versions (like in repository), KB971033 remains unticked by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #146 armada, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    lol yeah right he bought it that way. check the partial product key... LOL lol....they are working on this update. it was not supposed to hit the usa yet. i have heard its still being worked on thats why a lot of people are seeing it again. i am now also seeing it but only on a few of my machines

also i spoke with hp again to verify that the issues are not very widespread BUT they are investigating a few systems that were in fact flagged as non genuine directly from them. again this is not widespread but there are some legit hp systems with issues.

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I have made more money working on HP brand computers than any other. Dell is probably second but that is due more to bad support than bad products.

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
  9. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    I didn't, but to post on there and lie like that is just over the top and it show how a loader can get pick off

10. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    OK, sorry. It appeared like YOU submitted that when I read your post here.

11. madmarx

madmarx MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2009
    so it appears that WAT is here to stay and from wat ive heard(lol) wat will be part of windows 8....anyone found a way around this update yet besides not installing it? after all we are just putting off the inevitable come service pack one

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    So WAT is back for you guys ?

Had a look in my win update and searched for new updates, coudnt find any luckily.
    Could it be beacuse i installed it via MS genuinethingy website?

13. madmarx

madmarx MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2009
    i think if you click the link on the is it genuine website by microsoft that it automatically installs WAT .............im not 100 percent sure but i think i read it somewhere

14. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    yes.. i saw Hazar first say this..
    and i have no reason not to believe him :)

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yes that is correct, same thing goes for any M$ downloads that require validation like XP mode. They all attemt to install WAT to validate your system dude. As long as you have a good loader like Daz's or a matching bios mod you should be good against WAT, at least for now anyway.

17. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    why you so worried about him ?
    why don't you mind your business?
    he's a big boy.. go back to posting your crappy "chit chat" posts..
    atleast Armada contributes something worthwhile..

all you post are crap in "ChitChat" ... LoL!
    Stop hatin' dude..

that's all you do in here ..
    i went through your profile..
    you contribute nothing to this forum !
    absolute garbage ..

18. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #158 Dolorous Edd, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010

03-19-2010 04:02 AM

That post was over a month old, and he didn't do anything that warranted being insulted in this post atleast. I have no idea about his other posts but this didn't seem to warrant getting hostile over.

Noob, you have absolutely no right or authority to decide who contributes and who doesn't.

19. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009

OUCH :roflmao: My monitor is shaking from the wicked keystrokes.
    :roll1: at keyboard bad boy. Guess I hit a nerve huh you feel the need to now stalk my post (even old ones) so you could trace me. Thanks appreciate it.
    You feel better now my yute You sure put me in my place huh
    told me a thing or two. Yes everyone I am the worthless garbage poster . Would think you could do better in the rude bwoy tracing, ( f a s s y)
    Weak! you need time out my yute..Thanks for the laughs.

@DE He's just upset i stepped on his toe in virtualization so he's stalking my post to show me up I guess. Too bad it's not working. It's too funny really
    Shuffling to chit chat now