Hasn't anyone found the Gigabyte certificate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kukubau, Oct 27, 2009.

1. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    yes its acer 2.1 and yes you can rename it to whatever you want to name it. do you need the command to install it too?

2. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    #42 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    @Brainsuck Hi, it wasn't there when i started to type, <smiles> prolly was editing as you posted it ... great work & fast! :D looked up waaay too late

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aiziatek

Aiziatek MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    @7-eleven.hell-hole_rider
    Yes, i have the GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.1) f9 BIOS. I have not installed the f10f DATED 2009/08/25 BETA BIOS yet.. If i install the f10f Beta Bios will it change my SLIC?

@Brainsuck
    Muchos Gracias man! i will try your bios mod...hope to have that SLIC 2.1 and install W7 at last !!! :) :D

4. hawke1969

hawke1969 MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Yes please.

5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #45 PAYMYRENT, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    alright open command prompt as administrator

type slmgr.vbs -ilc %CERTPATH%

replace %CERTPATH% with the full path of the xrm-ms cert

on my machine i always copy the cert to the root of the drive for windows like

slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\ACER2.1.xmr-ms

6. hawke1969

hawke1969 MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    thank you, will try it:)

7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i changed my post :p i had a typo in it to try the new command

8. Aiziatek

Aiziatek MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    @Brainsuck

The BIOS mod you mentioned is for BIOS f4, i would like the f10f bios mode if it is possible... Thanks anyway!

9. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. moosh101

moosh101 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Gigabyte BIOS mod Tips

Greetings everyone,

I recently upgraded my motherboard, due to a Asus BIOS update failure, to a new Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR motherboard that did not have a SLIC table in the BIOS. I found a BIOS mod for the motherboard that had SLIC 2.1 and updated the BIOS using QFlash. The update installed fine and now I have a BIOS with SLIC 2.1. Here are some tips I have learnt alone the way, since performing my first BIOS update a few years ago with Windows Vista.

1. The SLIC 2.1 BIOS mod I used included a Dell SLIC 2.1 table. While this does not have any effects on the performance of the PC, and the Award BIOS application functions as normal, I had to use a Dell SLP Certificate to activate Windows 7. If you mod your BIOS with a SLIC 2.1 table from a different manufacturer than your motherboard, just make sure you install the matching SLP Certificate in Windows 7. So if your motherboard is Gigabyte and you mod it with a Dell SLIC 2.1 table use a Dell MS Cert, if you have a Asus motherboard with a HP SLIC 2.1 table, use a HP MS Cert, and so forth.

2. Don't ever use Windows based BIOS update utilities, as stay resident programs, such as Antivirus software, can play havoc with the validation process. If the validation process fails, your motherboard wont boot and you will need to take steps to fix the corrupted BIOS file. This can be a real pain! Also, make sure any BIOS mod you use matches your motherboard exactly, as using the wrong BIOS file can also harm your motherboard!

3. Microsoft have yet to release their Windows 7 Validation tool online, but a good way to check if your copy of Windows 7 is genuine is to install a Microsoft product the checks validation during install. An example of one such application is Microsoft Security Essentials, which is a free download and a good replacement for Windows Defender with built real-time antivirus protection.

4. Product keys and SLP Certificates are interchangeable between 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7. This means that the same product key and SLP certificate can be used for either system you install. I have found it useful to enter the product key during installation. Just make sure you untick the 'Automatically activate Windows online' tickbox, as you will be performing an offline activation. This way all you need to do is install the certificate to activate Windows.

5. This method of activation is the best way of activating Windows 7. It is highly unlikely that Microsoft will deactivate a copy of Windows that has been activated with a genuine SLP certificate, as this would result in thousands of genuine machines becoming non-genuine. This is not the case, however, with Loaders, as these types of tools usually modify portions of code that can be traced. As loaders are not provided by Microsoft to OEM manufacturers as are SLP Certificates, and are usually produced by independent enthusiasts, you run the risk that the loader will be detected and this will deactivate your copy of Windows.

Good luck and enjoy Windows 7.

11. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Does somebody has the real GIGABYTE cert? Thanks to post it.

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Any, as we all know the keys are not edition (x86/x64) or manufacturer specific

sebus

13. alexcd2k3

alexcd2k3 MDL Novice

May 27, 2007
    Anyone have a Gigabyte "SLP txt" (ex. DELL = Dell System - ASUS = ASUS_FLASH) ?

Tx
    Alex

14. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    i think its GIGABYTE.

15. alexcd2k3

alexcd2k3 MDL Novice

May 27, 2007
    ok, me too!
    tx

16. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    And even not case sensitive. Actually i didn't have to do anything with BIOS of my Gigabyte MB to activate XP with proper oembios files cause it alredy had "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd." in DMI in Base Board Information section.

17. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    My motherboard already have a SLP 1.0 string as default by gigabyte them self. I didnt add any. Check it out with SLIC Dump Toolkit (latest version).

18. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #60 FreeStyler, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    f000,0000,ffff,GIGABYTE