Have problem with some of my laptop keys.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by the_brenton, Nov 30, 2016.

1. the_brenton

the_brenton MDL Junior Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi
    I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FW378J laptop.
    it's been around 2 years since the problem has started.
    the D button on my laptop keyboard won't work sometimes, most hit it several times to type, sometimes even if i punch it won't write and sometimes it will write double D, now after 2 years from that problem i have several keys with that problem but better than the D key situation, V,H,C,K,Right arrow, Space and left control.
    I've opened the right and left arrow key cap and and there was no difference between them, could it be a software problem
    or it's from the board? I'm using Windows 7 ENT 64-bit with all drivers installed, I've same problem in Windows 10.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. the_brenton

Nov 17, 2009
    Thanks, so this can only be fixed with keyboard replace?
    i live in Iran so i can buy it from a local store.
    thanks again :biggrin:

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  6. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Well, technically you might be able to fix your old keyboard...
    But getting parts, troubleshooting and repairing it will likely cost a whole lot more than just purchasing a new one.

I don't know how prices are in Iran, but if is anything like here you can easily multiply the above prices by 10...
    If you're lucky.

7. the_brenton

Nov 17, 2009
    The prices here are too stiff, in Iran each Dollar is 40000 Rials which means if i want to buy that keyboard i most spend around 800000 Rials.