Have SP1,but build number is STILL 7600?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by coggy9, Mar 16, 2011.

1. coggy9

coggy9 MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    I had a DVD with Windows 7 slipstreamed with SP1,it installed and activated fine,but Windows Update still asked to download SP1,I let it install,rebooted, and now I have 7600 instead of 7601? :| Is there any way I can fix this? imgur code for pic: lCOjR(PNG file) Just found this out when trying to install IE9 today.

2. coggy9

coggy9 MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    #3 coggy9, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    (OP)
    Can I just reinstall or upgrade with this disk without losing data/reinstalling everything?
    EDIT: Tried to "Upgrade" with that,but it says I need SP1. >.> Any way to bypass that?
    EDIT2: Tired editing values circled in pic in regedit to 7601.....but when I reboot they reset back to 7600. imgur code: c1GWB(png)

3. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Is the build supposed to upgrade?

4. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    There are a lot of fake SP1 iso's floating around out there. Any that are slipstreamed, integrated etc. are not real SP1 iso's. Some of them may not even be labelled as such, the only safe bet is to download the an original ISO from the links provided on this site.

The original ISO's contain updated setup files, and don't contain any other changes that may affect the usage of the system (such as modifications, viruses/trojans/spyware, crappy or outdated activators etc.

Chances are, you are using one of these dodgy fake SP1 ISO's that is preventing you from updating to the proper SP1. Hopefully it isn't an infected copy, just a crappy one!