Having problems finding right SLIC 2.1 for compaq presario sr1130nx

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by shad0whiei, Nov 30, 2009.

1. shad0whiei

shad0whiei MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2009
    I've been searching around for the last few days and I can't quite find what I'm needing. I have a Compaq Presario SR1130NX desktop computer with a A7V8X-LA (Kelut) motherboard. I don't remember exactly how to see my bios but I wanna say they are Phoenix - AwardBios. Duno if it makes much difference but its running a AMD processor. The closest bios I have found are the
    Compaq-SR1650NX-Asus A8AE-LE-AmberineM-3.15-HP_SLIC21_HP_SLP.rar ones and I'm not sure if i can flash those on my current system. Also I am completely new to flashing bios and all I've seen so far is for Gigabyte systems.

I'm trying to flash 2.1 SLIC bios so I can activate my Windows 7 Ultimate using the methods I've seen on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry in advance if for some reason I have skipped over this answer somewhere else.

Also wondering If I had a OEM version of Windows 7 laying around... would I still need the SLIC 2.1? Or could I actually just activate it with the Key thats floating around?