Hazar Loader or RemoveWAT?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elsoldado, Dec 9, 2009.

1. stillnotgood

stillnotgood MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2010
    Dear friends

Here is what happens to me:
    I installed a recent Win7 (build 7600) with no internet connected, to be safe.
    Then I executed RemoveWAT 2.2.5.2 (the more recent, I guess) and then got the computer plugged to the internet. Updates were presented, but I did not allow any of them to be installed.

Well, it did not work. Still shuts down after some time.
    I guess Microsoft changed something and RemoveWAT does not work anymore, right?

Well, I have been trying loaders for days, with no success either. It seems that the brand of the computer is extremely important when dealing with loaders, and the brand of my computer (a Brazilian "Positivo") is just not listed. I tried others, but none worked.

Any ideas?

2. nomenclator

nomenclator MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2012
    #22 nomenclator, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    I'm planning to install windows 7 on a partition, and use Linux grub to choose which os to boot to, that is, which partition to boot from. I won't be using the windows OS chooser at all. Anything I ought to know about how to make this work correctly? I've been able to manage it in the past. Does this complicate the use of WindowsLoader.exe or RemoveWAT.exe in any way? Ordinarily, when I install an additional windows os, on a separate partition, I first make hide partitions where the other windows OS's are, so that windows does not automatically add the OS to the boot.ini in an existing windows partition, and doesn't try to start an OS in an existing windows partition. That way I can make the choice of an os to boot to, entirely from grub, rather than from windows. I do a similar thing with Acronis OS selector.

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Use neither of these. You can use the loader in my signature with the option to preserve the current boot code and it should work perfectly for you. I will be releasing a new version in a few hours too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nomenclator

nomenclator MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2012
    Use neither of windowsLoader or RemoveWat? But the loader in your signature is windowsLoader. Or do you mean use neither grub nor acronis os selector? If I use neither of these, then which OS selector do I use to choose which OS to boot to? As far as I can tell, WindowsLoader is not an OS selector.

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I meant Hazar's loader and RemoveWAT as they're both old and cause more problems than they solve.

Windows Loader provided by me is what will work for you with the option I suggested. Linux and Windows should continue to work exactly as they currently do :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nomenclator

nomenclator MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2012
    #26 nomenclator, Jun 2, 2012
    Alright. But are you aware that the links on the Windows Loader page don't work? I downloaded current release elsewhere.

Some of the versions of windows 7 I've seen are described as being "pre-activated." However I don't see any windows loader.exe file among the files.

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #27 Daz, Jun 2, 2012