HDD Error Code

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by subyroo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
  4. not_simple

not_simple MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2018
    because windows shut it down I cannot have any communication whit it, not in disk management and not whit third-party software, one more try wich I will try is if in bios its stay up and clone it whit some live cd and clone utility.

one funny thing, I have a broken ( physical) USB port on some laptop so its not working properly, like a flash USB will not work or anything , but a mouse USB will work in it, in this port its stay on (whit a powered USB hub ) obviously because windows don't have any connection to it so its not getting powered off .

5. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    :confused:

6. not_simple

not_simple MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2018
    this how it is !! I can try to explain to you more if you have any questions.

7. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    That´s why I :confused:
    Are you using a defect usb port?
    And you can´t compare your disk with a usb mouse, power consumption would be significant different.
    If your usb port already is dodgy you cant predict the outcome.
    Is your disk cable original from WD, they can be very picky sometimes.
    Low quality cables and length can make a huge impact.

8. not_simple

not_simple MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2018
    no no !! I know not to use this port .......
    I use a good USB cable.. tried whit known good ones,

I know I have a laptop which got malfunction after its fold-down whit something inserts in it, as a result, it gets problems and its only work in this port when i push it or hold you know what i mean?! (bad connection to the MOBO
    but a mouse USB works fine in it , (sound like it doesn't use all wires in it ) so i wondering if I will plug in my HDD what will happen, so I plug it in its work and stay on but windows will not see it.

I am not trying to get it to work whit this port ..!!
    it's not working in any port in any PC tried in 3 computers.

I know you don't think I am so Sealy :rolleyes: but you never know whit hum you're helping... I get you ...
    anyway, thanks for helping.

9. not_simple

not_simple MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2018
    this is how mine is !!
    but I will not give up so fast....
    thank you

10. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    I did not mean to be rude:) but there was something unclear in the thread.
    Back to topic: :)
    To me it seems your drive is "lost", I hope i´m wrong.

Next would be to change controller board on your drive. (If this is the culprit)
    This is way more messy: you would need an identical controller board and im afraid you also have to do a memory dump from the chip on the controller board.
    Old disk´s you could simply swap but new ones have already pre-encrypted drive so you need the encryption key etc
    You would need something like Raspberry PI as an example (I use Bus Pirate) and a sw named "Flashrom" or similar to read the memory chip.

11. not_simple

not_simple MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2018
    yep, I give up... I will not wast my time to change the controller board and buying the right equipment for this stupid WD drive.
    thanks to all of you. it was my first time writing in this forum it was a pleasure to be here.

12. Oxygen_IT

Oxygen_IT MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2018
    Install HDSentinal in another PC and then run it with the suspect drive plugged in. Its results are 99% accurate, over the last 8-10years in my experience.