HDD Password unlock SUCCESS with ZU.exe (zong unlock)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by LatinMcG, Apr 3, 2013.

1. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try checking it with mhdd.. but sounds like bad hdd.

2. Hussain.pk

Hussain.pk MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    hello i need help i have Wd passport n i forgot password plz help me. i wnat my data

hello i need help i have Wd passport n i forgot password plz help me. i wnat my data

3. Hussain.pk

Hussain.pk MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014

4. LucasDiniz

LucasDiniz MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2014

Hi, my PC use the ASROCK and the bios is AMI P1.30. But i have the dificulty for configuration in the bios because i havent the options for SATA combined or instead .
    Everytime i put my hdd WD5000AAKB in the primary port and the pc reed my hdd and ask password. I cant use the boot usb.
    I changed the configuration in bios , but its no good.
    Can you help me??

thanks.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Try secondary port. Try pluging it in after booting dos.

6. lord_dizzy

lord_dizzy MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    Could someone attach the latest zu file (zu_betta_fix_020813).:worthy:
    Thanx!

7. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    hi all
    can this utiliy work with SSD [Samsung] ?
    thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. hienlaptoprepair

hienlaptoprepair MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    #48 hienlaptoprepair, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Thank to LatinMcG, this a great tool. I have registered to thank you
    Can you reupload zu update (020813)? Please !!! :worthy:

9. hienlaptoprepair

hienlaptoprepair MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    How to unlock PWD HDD Hitachi HTS543225L9SA00 ?
    I try it with Zu , MHDD , HDAT2 , ATAPWD
    Any suggestion? Please Help :worthy:

10. innoserv

innoserv MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2014
    i have Toshiba HDD i test it with my ibm laptop and it ask me to enter the password can i remove it with this ZU file???

11. jedwar10

jedwar10 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2014
    I have a newer HGST drive model number HTS725050A7E630. I have downloaded the ZU file and attempted to run it with no success. Is this drive supported?

12. fortitudine

fortitudine MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2014
    So I have a locked Samsung HDD in my Dell Desktop. I followed all the steps for creating a bootable USB drive and copied zu.exe into the root file. However, I cannot boot it because the BIOS is locked. It asks for the password before it will let me go to the boot menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to get my data off this hard drive for years. I gave up trying to figure out the password a while back and it just sat collecting dust until I stumbled on this forum.

13. LeoNeeson

LeoNeeson MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2014
    #54 LeoNeeson, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you, saved the file just in case!.

This whole HDD/BIOS locking protection, is new to me. :eek: I always seen Motherboard/BIOS protection (and if you "move" your HDD to another machine, the HDD just works fine). Since when HDD has an internal BIOS? I always thought HDDs had a firmware, not a BIOS, and neither and option to password protect them at internal BIOS level. I think all this apply only to laptops HDDs, not desktop HDDs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. tugames

tugames MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2014
    GRACIAS LatinMcG :worthy:YO USE ZU.EXE EN DELL OPTIPLEX GX520 CON MDOS EN USB Y ZU Lo intente 5 veces con zu/p y salia no pws validado y intente 4 veces mas zu/p y cuando reinicie mi pc ya no me pedia password el disco duro es un 250gb wester digital scorpion 2.5pulgadas sata gracias de antemano :clap:

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #56 LatinMcG, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    (OP)
    some desktops do support it .. not many.
    the all in ones usually do

16. dougwa

dougwa MDL Junior Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Are you lucky enough to have a spare hard drive of the exact same model? Try faking out the drivelock utility! Put in the unlocked spare drive, enter BIOS and set a hard drive password. Reboot into BIOS and start to remove that new HD password, but this time enter the known password and press enter, then before you touch anything else swap to the drive with the unknown password (which is a bizarre thing to do, but do it!). Wait a few seconds for it to spin up, then blank the pass by hitting Enter twice. Exit saving changes and wham, you've fooled drivelock!

17. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    updated first post with a newer 2013 version

18. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Does ZU work with Samsung hard drives? I'm trying to remove BIOS and HDD passwords from a Dell Studio 1713, manufactured in 2009. Can't do a thing with it with the drive connected, except get into BIOS setup and see that Supervisor and User and HDD passwords are set/locked.

Cannot use F12 to get the boot menu, that freezes it. With the HDD unplugged it will boot off a CD. Been trying to find a version of the Dell BIOS reset ISO newer than version A26 from 2005. It doesn't work on this newer laptop. :( I've seen mentions of an A34 version but so far have only found dead links and fake downloads of malware. :mad:

19. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    not sure of samsung.. wont work in dell. (put in regular desktop with IDE mode in sata not AHCI)
    helps if you actually read 1st post and others comments.

hddguru.com