HDMI stops when closing laptop lid

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Javo0, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Javo0

Javo0 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Hi, i have a hp dv7 notebook that I usually use like HTPC so it’s always has the lid closed and the HDMI connected to the TV. And this worked fine on win Vista. In Windows 7 I got the HDMI working on the TV but when I close the lid I have no signal (the notebook has an nvidia card). I think I’m missing some configuration or something, but I don’t have any clue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. shadow_shd

shadow_shd MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    #2 shadow_shd, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    Hi,

Maybe HP has installed a specific software or graphic driver that enables HDMI out when lid is closed.

If you have installed a 7 graphic driver for your nVidia board, you may missing this function.

Try installing HP's VGA driver ;-)

++

Edit : same thing with my FSC Xi2528 notebook. When I close the lid, computer goes to sleep, and HDMI out stops.
    Try disabling sleep mode in Windows when lid is closed, it may help ;-)

++

3. Zaphire

Zaphire MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi, I also have a HP dv7 but I havn't used the HDMI connector.

I did have trouble with Vista when I tried to hybernate the computer.
    On shutting the lid it would restart!

I would go to the HP website and check for all of the drivers. There are a lot of them. There are ones for the touch buttons and even one for the Quick Play function.
    Have you got all these installed into Win 7 ?
    Mine came with Vista Home Premium installed - maybe the function you want isn't supported in Win 7.

4. Javo0

Javo0 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Yes, i diabled the actions when closing the lid on Windows. Most of the drivers where recognized by windows, I only installed the Remote control IR, the TV tuner, and the nvidia driver (this one manages the HDMI), but no luck. Maybe the function isn’t supported yet :(. I will keep looking around.

Thanks for answering.