Hello, everyone

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by ServicePack2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ServicePack2

ServicePack2 MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2015
    #1 ServicePack2, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Hello, everyone. I'm ServicePack2, posting from my hometown located along the southern shore of Lake Ontario in western New York.

My purpose in coming to the forum was to find a new operating system I could install on a spare computer. I chose Windows Server 2003, courtesy of Sebus - "Server 2003 -> Trial to MSDN conversion using Delta." Following his instructions, I was actually able to end up with an iso file.

I'm currently recovering from a brutal beating I took while trying to install Linux Mint 13 running under Windows as an application. The jackhammer left jab of error messages opened a deep gash over my left eye. My corner man, bless his heart, threw in the towel mid-way through the 3rd round.

The gash is healing nicely. My left eye still has a tendency to glaze over and roll back in my head, particularly when proof-reading my own posts. Given time, I do expect to make a full recovery.

I like rocks, girls, everything related to computers, and Spanish music, not necessarily in that order.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention - I also like rewriting poetry. Two examples of my most recent work ...

~Trees Revisited~
    I think that I shall never see a tree as lovely as Shakira's knee.

~Mary's Lamb: The Truth Emerges~
    Mary had a lamb named Cuddles, with fleece as white as snow.
    Everywhere that Mary went, her lamb was sure to go.

Cuddles lagged a bit behind as Mary passed a butcher shop.
    Now Mary walks to school alone, and Cuddles is a chop.

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...