Hello, I need guidance on BIOS modification.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Sam3740, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Sam3740

Sam3740 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2023
    Hi, I'm new to this page.
    I have an AMD Phoenix M61PMV motherboard.

Current hardware:

-AMD Phenom II X4 925.
    - 6 GB RAM.
    - iGPU Geforce 6150 SE nForce430 (256MB VRAM).
    - BIOS version P10.

This are my questions:

Can the Bios be modified so that more VRAM can be added to my iGPU?

Can the Bios be modified so that I can unlock cores on my CPU?

Can you modify my BIOS so that I can install windows on an NVME SSD?

Can my BIOS be modified so that the motherboard can support 125W processors? Since its limit is 95W

2. Behemot2077

Behemot2077 MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2018
    I'm pretty sure all that is HW limitation of the ANCIENT lievidia chipset. Yo sure the board will not run 125W CPU? It could just post warning that it is no supported, or melt, but don't think it won't work.

You can get way more capable boards with AMD chipsets pretty much everywhere for dirty cheap anyways, no reason to keep these zombies alive. Majority of boards with these chipsets were terrible.

You can install OS on any storage, it just won't boot :D Would need bootloader start from somewhere else first. You can clearly see them HW developments and manufacturers are A-holes, pushing constantly new standards with NO backward compatibility. Many used to do that in afterarket solutions some time ago, but these days, almos nobody. I know about few ancient units with their own BIOS (OPROM) which could boot on old boards which support none of the new protocols, but these are very rare and expensive nowadays.