Help! Acer Aspire L3600 bad flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by TassieToo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. TassieToo

TassieToo MDL Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I have a clients computer that had some issues. Fixed most of them. Still a few so decided to upgrade BIOS. Bad move!!! Now all I get it one long beep followed by one short.

HELP please! :rolleyes:

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. TassieToo

TassieToo MDL Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks LatinMcG. At least it's not all bad news. :cool:

4. mentowner

mentowner MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi, I just recovered a bricked Acer Aspire L3600, R01-A0 bios, after trying for 1 yrs+ (since 25/12/2011):mad:

This model had different batch production, earlier production uses the chip with Phoneix sticker but with AMIBIOS! and ONLY can use the original R01-A0 bios which is 775A1P06.ROM ver 4.15 dated 09/24/07

This batch CANNOT flash with R01-B1 bios from Acer download, which is 775A1P15.ROM ver 4.18 dated 09/26/08, it doesn't work even if you get a new programmed bios from some bios reseller.

How to verify if you are affected by a virgin batch L3600 after a bad flash? Switch on the pc no beep at all, fan running normally.
    Take out the rams, power on, and you will hear a very rapid non-stop short beep! non of the AMI beep code error can help you out.

Now, come to your machine, yours is probably not affected since you can hear the beep during POST. :rolleyes:
    Follow this:
    1- power off and unplug the power cable, press and hold the power button for 5 sec.
    2- open the casing, detach the front cover, leave up the hdd/dvd assembly (there is a screw secured it)
    3- leave it up slowly and don't damage the ribbon connecting to dvdrom, you don't have to take it out
    4- in between mini-pci slot and sd card slot, find the jumper with a blue cap, original short pin 2-3 (nromal)
    5- switch the jumper cap to short pin 1-2 (clear cmos) for 5 sec.
    6- replaced the jumper cap back to pin 2-3
    7- put the hdd/dvd assembly back and power on
    8- if you can see the acer logo then go into bios setting, load default, save and restart.

p.s. If not booting make sure the ram is atleast 1 GB! (*weird, it can't boot with 512mb ram!!) o_O

Hope I have help you and others to revive your beloved bricked Acer Aspire L3600. :p

5. victorjr

victorjr MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2010
    Hi, Can you upload for me a backup of 775A1P06.ROM ?, I use your method but not happen. I need that file to reload bios chip with special tool.
    Sorry I cant post my email because limit post
    Thanks and best regards !