(help) amd switchable graphics modes driver for windows 8 consumer preview

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rawand Kurdy, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    hi guys i have installed windows 8 consumer preview and after install i cant use the switchable graphics modes feature on my laptop
    and only one graphic card is working the intel one but amd radeon wont work
    the radeon is 1gb but the intel is just 256 mb and i dont like it

my lap model is HP Pavilion g6-1138ee Notebook PC ..
    and this is the page of hp downloads of the graphic drivers

htt p://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99756-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5131854&sw_lang=
    please guys :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
    help me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Guys no one can help :eek:
    i installed this htt p://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Windows8ConsumerPreviewDrivers.aspx but the same problem driver installs for the two graphic cards but the windows just use the intel one 256mb and the amd is not working and the AMD Catalystâ„¢ control panel dosnt recognize the Amd graphic ...
    please help guys ,waiting for you:mellow:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Try to uninstall the amd driver and also intel driver and then reboot and try installing the amd drivers alone..

4. vicedens2002

vicedens2002 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #4 vicedens2002, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Hi,
    I also have the amd switchable gfx in my hp tm2t. It works perfectly well for me. I didnt try the latest driver from amd(released doe win 8). Instead i just used the oficial driver from HP for win 7 OS. Installed the driver with win 7 compability. After installing if its still shows any error while clicking the "configure switchable graphics". just uninstall driver and then install it. All works fine :D
    I have tried this method even with win 8 DP, all worked exprect brightness adjustment. In CP all works like in win 7.