Help getting win to recognise printer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by titanium1, Oct 1, 2010.

1. titanium1

titanium1 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    So i have a HP deskjet 840C i`d like my OS to recognise.. its recognised it however when i try to print... nothing. Now i`ve followed the very short uninformative and useless guide on HP`s website regarding setting it up but it requires you to put windows on automatic update so that windows my download the driver.
    Mine is not genuine so i have not risked it... even if i do.. i personally dont think it will download anything, since windows was never particularly good at anything other then updating and taking care of its own utilities/other MS programs.

Could i get some help?

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Turn on Windows update, usually, the critical updates are automatically selected.

But this particular update KB971033 is the one you do not want to install.

Then you need to go to optional updates and choose your printer driver.

PS: Why don't you install the daz loader? It gets you past this genuine stuff checks and marks your Windows as Genuine....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    I would have thought that windows 7 has it aready within the system32.driverstorage... have you connect it?

5. titanium1

titanium1 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    i guess you mean my printer... yes i have connected.
    Hm i will give the DAz loader a look. thx