HELP....How do I talk to a win7 comp. with a tablet?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by theclamp, Jun 10, 2014.

1. theclamp

theclamp MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    I have a computer running win7 ultimate and a Dell tablet running win8.1 both are in the homegroup and talk to the printer but I cant seem to get them to talk to each other! tried everything I could think of but no luck.... Is there any possibility that they need something to get them to talk or am I wasting my time?

Any and all help will be appreciated!!!!!

theclamp:cool:

2. theclamp

theclamp MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    Well I'm sorted disappointed that all of the "Guru's" here don't have a solution to my problem.....guess I'll look elsewhere.

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Ill cry later for you. Perhaps rewording your question from talk to what you are trying to do would be better?

but, did you right click any of your folders you want to share with the homegroup and look at "share with"? If you are referring to "talking" as sharing folders.

4. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...I think the main reason your question remained unanswered is because you did not provide any details.
    Like eg. ...how your systems are setup; What you already tried to resolve the issue yourself. ;)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe lack of knowledge how to work with an Windows powered network and Server?!

First steps would be to get basic knowledge about networking at all! After done that, get the knowledge about the networking with Windows Operating System!

It will never helps if there no any information other than those the OP was giving and for sure never help to get upset while no answer came! Unfriendly comments will just result in not get help! Period!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...