[Help:] How to remove custom mouse tabs in \Control Panel\Mouse

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, Oct 12, 2014.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #1 moderate, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Hello,

for my touchpad I use an unofficial driver (higher version and more tuned than official), which works nicely.

However it also installs some add-on to \Control Panel\Mouse, which causes about 1 minute delay (of waiting for Mouse window to appear), when I try to run \Control Panel\Mouse icon (for mouse pointers and acceleration). That add-on is probably new custom tab, however it don't show up, so I don't know. It is probably some DLL loaded at start maybe via Task Scheduler, maybe via system service. (I have already checked more common autoruns - both StartUp folders and also Run registry keys.)

I want to keep the driver, but remove that add-on, what causes delay (by identifying the file and renaming it).

What is the best procedure to identify the add-on?

Thanks for opinions...

2. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I often use Autoruns from Sysinternals
    a small executable that works wonders in finding all automatic starts

3. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Probably you can open touchpad options by pressing the software that come with the driver. You will (probably) not find it in control panel separately from mouse options , but you can find it in Apps screen on the right side of the screen (where found the softwares but not applications).