HELP HP Pavilion DV7 w/ Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by peaches330, Oct 17, 2014.

1. peaches330

peaches330 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2014
    After fighting with HP for 2 years they sent me a replacement motherboard. I installed it without any trouble and when I started my computer up I get an error message. "Product information not valid. The following product information proframmed into the system board is missing or invalid." Needless to say after spending hours on the phone with HP and going to their knowledge base, I am told that my motherboard was not tattooed and that I will have to pay $359 to get it working again. I spent 4 days fighting with them. I finally got someone to listen in the service center and he admitted that HP dropped the ball and did not EEPROM my system board. He also said that he was going to document my service order to say that HP should fix the problem at no cost since the board was supposed to be shipped to me with all the information on the board. I am so tired of fighting with them. Is there anyone who can tell me which DMI tool is specific to Windows 7 64-bit. I downloaded HPBQ138.exe and it gives me an error message that it is not designed for my system. Can anyone tell me which one is designed for my system?

I have created a bootable usb and installed the HPBQ138.exe to the main directory. It booted right into DOS but when I try to execute it I am unable to. PLEASE HELP...

Thank you

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009