Help Installing Windows 7 - OEM/RETAIL

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jdunk, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    Alright I read all the guides, and keep in mind I am a bit new to this.

So basically, can I...
    1. Download a copy of Windows 7 Pro/Home Premium which would be a retail version.
    2. Change a certain file???
    3. After installation enter the OEM Keys ( One of the ones you have listed, or one of my own)
    4. Validate it...
    5. And then I have Windows 7?

Is this correct?

2. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    And just to clarify, I will download Windows 7 from Digital River or online and then BURN it. But I am hoping from what I hear, that I can use a OEM key on a Retail without having to do anything.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Hey J,
    Go ahead and download win 7 with SP1 included, so u dont have to do that update manually. Please specify what kind of machine u intend to put this on? u gotta check if it has slic 2.1 using slic tool.
    And by the way, if you can, use a USB memory for install, it is much quicker and you wont have to burn a CD/DVD;
    So specify hat kind of machine and specifications:D

4. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    Well I plan to install it on a HP Pavilion Dv60o0 it has Windows Vista on it. But just to make sure? I can use a OEM key on a regular Win 7 cd?

5. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Use the Daz Loader..It will do it all for you and is the easiest way.

6. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    Well it is compatiable...... So basically I need to run the loader? So I cannot just put Win7 dvd in and use one of your OEM Keys? or Volume Keys?

7. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    Well if what your telling me is I have to use a loader and such I much rather then just goahead and instal Windows XP Pro on it.... I mean I can use a Volume or mass produce Key on it and not have do all that activation stuff... I really don't like dealing with that.

8. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    What if I used a valid retail Key?

9. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    J/
    u need to have slic 2.1 in u r system , you will be very surprised at the loader, you are not gonna deal with anything except download it, the loader that is, run it once and be done. There absolutely nothing else you will need. Sometimes we just put unecessary barriers in our mind...WIN7 is the way 2 go, forget XP unless u r a die hard fun that is.:D

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    do you really need an answer of course a valid retail key will work as long as it is not in use on another system.

11. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    Okay I'll try it.... So basically from what I've read is..
    1. Burn 7 to a DVD... or USB... Install it...
    2. Install the Daz Loader? Run it...
    3. Good to go....

12. jdunk

jdunk MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2011
    And just to make sure..... I am downloading Windows 7 Professional.. I already have an .iso ready... Just install after all that go ahead and run the activator.

Sorry, I am replying like this. I really would like to have Windows 7, and I am not super good at this. It's either this or XP.. Becuase I think it's time Vista Goes....

13. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    hey Jay dude, to make it easier on you, download win7 that includes SP1.:D service pack 1
    The rest , u got it

14. wrnmjustin

wrnmjustin MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2011
    不知道你在说什么。。。。。