Help! Microsoft DHCP Server won't bind to my VMWare WorkStation Virtual Adapter

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by w00tmachine, Jun 5, 2012.

1. w00tmachine

w00tmachine MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2012
    Hey guys,

I am having a lot of trouble getting my DHCP Server to work with VMWare Workstation. The network is working fine with static addressing but when i try using DHCP the server won't lease addresses. I noticed in the advanced options that the DHCP server isn't bound to any network adapter, even though when i set up the DHCP I selected the interface, which has a static address. It won't let me bind it in this option section either. Is it actually impossible to bind a virtual adapter to a DHCP Server? It seems that way!

The virtual machines are networked using a LAN Segment or "Team".

By the way I had it working no problems with Hyper-V, but my PC at home isn't 32 bit D: It just seems like the Virtual Adapter for WorkStation doesn't support DHCP or something but I have a feeling i'm doing something wrong.

I'm desperate! Need to get this forest working for exams coming up. Thanks for reading!

2. w00tmachine

w00tmachine MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2012
    Running Server 2008 Standard fyi

3. w00tmachine

w00tmachine MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2012
    Well I got it to bind, I added a new NIC to the VM and for some reason it got a different driver =S The first adapter had a VMWare driver and the second one got my standard Intel Drivers that my NIC uses on the host machine.. Really confused, both are using the same VMWare settings