help need getting online

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by thunder55, Dec 4, 2009.

1. thunder55

thunder55 MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2009
    i was on a forum called spywarehammer he works for dell for free and they help people sorta like this forum, well long story short i am in a library and my comp. is down, he told me to do a clean boot with my windows xp disk which i did well now i cannot get online, we cant figure out why. the actentec modem says all is fine yet in device manager it tells me there are question marks such as earthnet controller, pce modem, video controlller, multimedia audio controller. any way i have a dell driver cd that came with all the other cds to do a clean install yet that driver cd is the only one that wont boot, it wont bood to cd, nor will it boot with windows running, it says on the cd to boot to a different media. that is something i dont understand, i cant get this fourm guy to under stand nor help me and dell i am not under warranty anymore also quest says they have pinged me and i am ok on there end and i cannot get online for the life of me what do i do??? any help would be greatly greatly apprecieated please thanks.

2. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Boot into your freshly installed Windows XP and then insert the driver CD. I suspect it will probably "autorun" and offer to install the missing drivers for you. If it doesn't "autorun" then you could use windows explorer to find a file such as setup.exe or dell.exe in the root folder that you can run. Alternatively, find and install the drivers on the CD manually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...