Help: no signal to monitor - no POST

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by catdog215, Mar 6, 2013.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 catdog215, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Need some advice. Not sure y every time i built a desktop and later in the future (maybe a year and half) i always get a "no signal" to monitor not even a POST start-up. I know within that time period, I sometime remove dvi cable so i can fix friend(s) pc since i only had one monitor. Is it because of that and cause video card not sending signal to monitor? or it's the motherboard.

I did re-seat the memories and still no signal to monitor. No any kind of beep. Sometime when i move video card left/right, it works and hear one beep then that when i get signal to monitor. Now, nothing. No beep, no signal, no POST. Just dark screen.

Please help me why? and how to prevent in the future. Thank you

ASUS P7P55D-E LX
    Inil Core i3 550 3.2GHz socket 1156
    Sapphire Radeon HD5670 512MB
    8Gb (4 slot and each slot is 2Gb) All 4 slot is listed below.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    #2 gabris[LT], Mar 6, 2013
    clean dust if there's any, re-seat gpu(make sure its seated how it should) if that doesn't work try to use onboard vga or another one(you can borrow it from a friend) it that doesn't work replace mobo.

3. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    Forgot to mention. I also did re-seat video card, there's no onboard vga. I will try new video card. So if that's doesn't work, it could be mobo? Could u please tell me what's the cause? is it 'cause i removed dvi cable too often w/in a year time frame that cause a malfunction?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    #4 gabris[LT], Mar 6, 2013
    nope, it actually can be caused due to 3 probs.. heavy vga and cheap chinese case deforms mobo, or heavy intel stock cooler with clamps deforms mobo :biggrin5: or can be chinese case itself deforms mobo..(seen only once), also it shouldn't help but you can try to remove all memory modules and check each by placing only 1 at a time.

5. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009