Help: Picture in the Picture folder disappeared after a reboot

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by catdog215, Jan 28, 2014.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sorry if I post in a wrong section.

My friend had Windows 8.1 in his HP computer. When he copy picture from usb to Picture folder, he can view it. However, after a reboot or when he turn his pc on, all his picture in the Picture folder disappeared. Seem like the pc, remove his picture after he turn computer on.

There's no virus/malware etc since he just got the computer a day ago.

He tested with his laptop. Copy picture from usb and paste to picture folder. After a reboot his picture are still their.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    all his pics probably are on Skydrive if he agreed to take this as preferred storage place. Simply look at this place

3. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    PaulDesmond: thx for the reply but he does not have hotmail/msn/windows email. He never sign-on to anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    i did a fresh installation of win8.1 Pro again and in a few days, same thing happened. Picture got removed after a shut-down or restart from picture folder, bookmark got removed from Firefox. What is going on? anyone can help me?
    Thx

5. Kamrul08

Kamrul08 MDL Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Did your friend use any software like Deep Freeze? Deep Freeze is a tool that restore your restricted drive/drives as previous. I got a virus some days ago in XP that works same job.