Help please

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rand12, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rand12

rand12 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    installed win8 64 bit RTM downloaded from MDL official win8 repository using win8 PRO MSDN key then KMS activated till July 2013, but when applying WMC key I got by email I lost my activation. I think I am now in notification status having the water mark of the OS version on the desktop right corner. Also, I think my key was converted to retail. THX

2. Lighthorse

Lighthorse MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    That happened to me last week when they sent me a key for windows media.
    I had to click on reactivate and then call and input all the numbers, they then supplied a set of numbers to insert and I was reactivated.
    took 5 min.

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    This is not a strategy that I would be using on any machine that you will be using long term or want to have your important data associated with .. Do yourself a service and spend the $39.99 before the Jan. 31st deadline if W8 pro is the OS you want .. Anything else is a waste of time for you and anyone else answering your questions .. If you want more info about how to proceed with that post back otherwise Cu ..

4. rand12

rand12 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Can you PM me or guide me to the instructions on how to phone activate.

5. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes
    Do CMD as admin and type slui 04 it will open a windows where you have to pick your country then click next.
    It will give you a toll free number to call, follow the instruction and enter the numbers in the boxes. It will then say verified and tell you numbers that you have to enter into the boxes that are lettered. then activate.
    Done.