Help requested! IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Dorlan2001, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Dorlan2001

Dorlan2001 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2014
    Hi there guys! I am having an annoying problem on my Windows 10 PC (desktop). You see, whenever I want to turn off, or restart my computer, there is a 75% chance that this error happens. Always appears after Windows (apparently) successfully shut itself down, the screen goes black and then... BAM! The sad face BSOD appears! :(

I don't know what is causing this error, but I presume that probably is an driver device error or a BIOS related one. Thing is, this PC worked fine with Windows 7 Pro, and this is an upgrade from that one!

How can I upload a Crash Dump for you guys to analyze? Thanks for your help! :)

2. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    The default directory for minidumps is %systemroot%\minidump, and default path for most recent other type of crash dump is %systemroot%\memory.dmp. I don't recall what the default dump type setting is.
    And yes, it's most likely driver-related.

3. glennsamuel32

glennsamuel32 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #3 glennsamuel32, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    I used to get that error back in the overclocking days when I went too high :rolleyes:

Most likely wrong device drivers, as Win 7 works fine...
    Check Device Manager for any flags...
    Also use device drivers for Win 10 from your PC manufacturers site...

And I would check the Event viewer instead of the system dump...

4. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Also, try turning off fast start in power options. That nice feature does not play nice with older hardware. :(