Help to choose a Gaming PC!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by dancho3, Feb 5, 2016.

1. dancho3

dancho3 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2016
    Hi everyone. I am looking to buy my first gaming PC because i spend most of my time on the computer playing games with friends. I want to spend about 1000$ for a PC but only if it will last me at least 4 to 5 years if i keep up with dusting the inside every 6 months and so forth. So with my research i have come up with two computers i think would be the most bang for the buck and was curious if i could have some opinions on which one would be better. I also would like to know if you think the computer will lat 4 to 5 years and still run games smoothly on high graphics. Thanks in advance for the help. Here are the two options I've been researching.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er......?!

Really interesting, special to (not) see those 2 machines!

Thanks for your very interesting post!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I would definitely go with #3:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eric33

eric33 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    this web it is in spanish surf and you will see it what is suitable for you if you want to buy pc or buy by componet, hope it can help you

5. jack102

jack102 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    As for me, MSI 24GE 2QE 4K-001US 23.6-Inch Gaming Desktop is the best pick.
    This system has a Raid 0 configuration with 2 solid state drives. Plus the monitor is a touch screen windows 8.1 and also it has a second hard drive of 2t with a built in 960m video card. Alone with a i7 quad core intel processor, what can I say. Extremely fast boot up time in a few seconds. internet pops up as fast at the i7 processor can load and display the program, in one to two seconds.
    However the one flaw in this set us. is that the keyboard is hard to read, plus you would think that the keyboard was a Cherry MX Red mechanical keys for better smoother and quicker more accurate key action, along with it being a bluetooth set up. it like buying a ferrari car and then they ship to you with Datsun pickup rims, tires and brakes on the car. never the less, the keyboard can be swapped out with a better quality keyboard.
    Look for reviews on computergaming, topreviews.best or newegg.com

6. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    GTX 960 ist not enough, the "m" means it's castrated, it should be 970 or 980

7. bpwnes

bpwnes MDL Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Current gen consoles have quad-core processors and most console ports to PC will expect 4GB VRAM. I suggest anything with a quad-core processor and as much money as you can afford into graphics. If you're on a tight budget, an i7 is pretty much a waste of money (in most instances) as most games aren't that CPU intensive. Think about it like this, you could spend $100 more on a processor and get ~1-5 more fps, or $100 more on a video card and get way more fps and prettyness.

Don't budget for gaming keyboards or mice as those are luxury items (and you can pick up really good gaming mice for <$30 US on sale from time to time). I used old Dell keyboards for a while while I waited and watched keyboard prices, and when I finally got one I found I don't even use the gaming features offered with it.

I'm using a Phenom II x4 975 and a GTX580 on my personal gaming computer I built many years ago. Most games run fine, but I've only just started to see problems with some new games. Assassin's Creed Syndicate doesn't like my 580, and I think it is because I only have 1.5 GB VRAM. It won't run smoothly at 1920x1200 with everything on low, and Geforce Experience's only suggestion is to drop resolution. I've considered getting a 970 to tie me over until Pascal launches, but I don't really need to since most of what I'm currently playing is older.

8. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Keyboard is not best for some racing and action games and I would suggest he gets a USB control pad. Some are relatively cheap to come by.