** Help ** Unable to create account during stall of Windows 10 Build 10041

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SkyNet3, Mar 20, 2015.

1. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    why ferr you get the screen about work or school account.

2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    There seems to be some differences between Enterprise and Pro builds with regards to installation. At this point, with all the trouble that you have been through with this, why not download Pro and give it a try? Try to rule certain things out.

The Checking connection screen was significantly longer compared to what I have seen.

Pro has one screen where it asks if the computer belongs to your Employer/Company or if it belongs to You. I get the impression from your video that Enterprise doesn't have that screen. And I am guessing here that Enterprise install seems to go into the computer belongs to Employer/Company mode by default because some of the following screens in your video appear that way and I haven't seen some of those screens before in Pro installations. Whether or not Pro would solve your problem, no way to know for sure. But I have witnessed some wonky issues in 10041 dealing with account creations and converting accounts once the system is up and running. A few other users mentioned random issues as well. Yet, many users of 10041 are having no issues with account creation or converting accounts. It's difficult to know the source of this.

Do you have two monitors running?

Also, that one screen didn't appear to be the normal Microsoft Account screen either. It seems like it was wanting corporate email, network, etc. and may be why your Microsoft Account gave an error as well.

If you haven't tried already, I would give Pro a try and see if that allows installation for you. I am completely perplexed on this issue at the moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I have downloaded and am trying the Pro install now.
    I do not have two monitors connected.

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I think the second screen wild is mentioning, is whatever was viewing through the camera.

Anyway, seems like it is trying to join a domain, or asking to.

5. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I get the same damned error message 'Something went wrong' after signing in with Microsoft Account and then at the account creation screen.

I'm befuddled... :worthy:

6. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    #26 ODY123, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Why did you need to click new and change the size? you could just click NEXT and let the OS do the partitions.

Are you using the pro now?

7. TeamCanada

TeamCanada MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    #27 TeamCanada, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Sucks with all the issues your having. I assume you have another computer or Internet access...if so
    Are you able to log into your Microsoft account?

8. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    If install doesn't have a driver for your Ethernet or wifi, then it can't connect to the internet. I ran into this. I created a local account, continued to install windows and then installed the driver disk which had the Ethernet driver. Then I went to the store and tried to install Bubble Birds and I was asked for my Microsoft log in. I logged in and then was asked if I wanted to switch to a Microsoft account. I said yes and then I had full access to Microsoft. I deleted the local account because I have no further use for it.

9. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    TeamCanada
    Yes I have others but not running this version of windows.

10. TeamCanada

TeamCanada MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    No problem...I was more curious to see if it was an Microsoft live issue rather than windows issue. Seems "Rock hunter post above he had a similar issue.

11. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I was able to install 9926 and then install 10041 over it which is nothing more than an upgrade. So much for a fresh install. I am opening a Microsoft Technet Ticket to see if they are aware of this issue.

12. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Well, thankfully you are able to at least test 10041 even if it was't possible to do a clean install. Hopefully the issue will be resolved by next build so that you wont have to rely on upgrading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. accounthelp

accounthelp MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2015
    I recommend you not skip the network connection to see if that helps.

14. accounthelp

accounthelp MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2015
    You did everything correctly. The local account creation step was not responsive. Please file a bug.

15. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Bug Report has been filed, not that will do any good..

16. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I normally use the "Local Account only" - works fine for me but I never add the PASSWORD. skip then you can later add a password if needed.
    I do this on UPgrades or CLEAN Installs. all in real time.

and Clean Install on 10041 is best instead of the upgrade (IMO)

17. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    :worthy: I was able to get by the 'Create Local Account Error' by doing the following: :worthy:

1. Install 9926 using ISO
    2. Skip Network connection setup
    3. Customize or Express Settings(Your choice)
    4. Create Local Account
    5. After Windows setup completes: reboot, no settings changed
    6. Login with Local Account
    7. Open Windows Explorer and find ISO install media and click Setup for 10041
    8. Follow normal install options as you would during downloaded upgrade.
    10. At the Welcome Back screen login with Local Account.
    11. Skip Network connection setup.
    12. Customize or Express Settings(Your choice)
    13. After successful login reinsert USB Setup drive and reboot again.
    14. Get to Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
    15. Delete the OEM (Reserved) partition.
    16. Click 'X' in upper right corner to exit and reboot.
    17. Insert USB with Hirens.BootCD.15.2 and reboot.

Use Hirens.BootCD.15.2 to boot and then delete the following directories created with upgrade:
    C:\EFI
    C:\RecoveryImage
    C:\Windows.old

18. Reboot then go to Disk Management and then Extend Volume 'C' to regian the ~450md of space if you want.
    19. Reboot again and enjoy Windows 10 Build 10041.

18. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Good Grief!!!!!!! Now they release an update. :flag:

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    at least you kept busy until a new build was released lol

20. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    This is true... Thanks for all the help people!! :)
    Hopefully this one will work for me. There have been other people having my same issue. Hopefully this door can be close....