** Help ** Unable to create account during stall of Windows 10 Build 10041

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SkyNet3, Mar 20, 2015.

1. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    OK, I am still having problems with this build 10049 and the Local Account creation. I think however I have figured out what is causing the issue, now I just need to figure out how to correct it. I have attached screen shots. The first two are on a machine that I am having problems creating a local account on. with anything 10031 or later. The second two are on a machine that is working fine. Notice the TCPIP settings on the machine that is having problems are grayed out at the properties field. I fact the whole stack configuration looks different. In build 9926 the machine that I am having problems with look like the second set of screen shots and I can configure. Puzzling!!! :confused:

Screenshot (1).jpg Screenshot (2).jpg

Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (4).png

2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Since installing 10049 via clean install, I have also been experiencing the issue of not being able to access Properties of network adapters, or install/uninstall protocols, etc. I tried a number of methods and tools to repair those things as well but there were a lot of Access Denied errors. I have seen a few other users with this issue as well.

However, I am able to create Local Accounts successfully on 10049.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I would love to know why 9926 works and anything thereafter does not for me. It must have something to do with the Checking Connection..... And then fails on creating local user account. I have trued EVERYTHING!!!

4. bisdak4920

bisdak4920 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    How to enable properties in ipv4 network. I cant connect to net without google dns.

5. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Here is just another piece of info about this debacle. I can remove the hard drive and install it into another Laptop then install Windows 10 Build 10049 and create a local account. Shutdown other Laptop and put hard drive back into the machine that I was having problems with and it boots just fine. I then can login with Local Account and create other Local Accounts with no problem. It just keeps getting more and more puzzling!!! :confused:

7. moritaka

moritaka MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2015
    u can use DNS Jumper to change ur DNS, i'm using it :p

8. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    #48 SkyNet3, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    (OP)
    :clap: OK, I have found the issue causing my problem. I would NEVER believed this unless sitting in front of the computer doing this myself. The battery in the Laptop has not been charging for many years and always showing Plugged In / Not Charging. After loading 9926 and creating Local Account then laying 10041 right over the top(Upgrade), I was unable to do and Microsoft Software Updates, the error I kept getting was that I was in Power Saver Mode. I decided to take the battery out of the laptop then try the 9926 load and upgrading to 10041 and at that point I was able to install the updates. OK, i'm on a roll! Went back and installed 10041 from scratch with format and it let me create a Local Account and download/install Microsoft Updates. Who would have ever thought this would cause this type of problem. :clap:

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    although not the strangest thing I've heard, its up there with them lol

Glad you figured it out.

10. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008

Yeah....what he said...you never know

11. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013