Help understanding process

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by beerglass007, Nov 1, 2009.

1. beerglass007

beerglass007 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    Hi all

I'm new here and just playing around with windows 7.

I installed Windows 7 and noticed it wasn't activated. So found this great forum and started to read alot of the posts.

I now understand I need to patch my BIOS to support SLIC 2.1. I found the patched bios file for my mobo and flashed it using a USB flash drive.

All good

I then installed a cert using the command prompt using admin rights

slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\CERT.XRM-MS

This installed correctly

I then checked my bios with the read & write utility 1.4 and its showing as SLIC 2.1

I then checked windows and its showing as activated. So is this it ? Will I have problems in 30 days ? or later ? What about WGA stuff ?

Many Thanks

2. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    You should be good to go. The only potential issue might be the key that you used. MS could blacklist it at some point, though highly unlikely.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008

You should be good to go dude. Make sure though that the key you installed was not the Lenovo key as it probably get blacklisted. You may have a problem once MS releases the Service Pack. I heard that they were enhancing the WAT technology for SP 1 so keep that in mind. You should be good though dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Lenovo key is not getting blacklisted. It is the same key lenovo uses on their retail oem laptops.