[HELP] Update and Sysprep

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by luzcaa, Sep 10, 2014.

1. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    Hello guys, I was wanting to make an image of windows 8.1 with the latest updates and I wonder if using sysprep, all updates I made are reset .. having seen the settings back to the beginning, I got this doubt. .. can anyone tell me if the updates resetam too? or they remain installed?

Thanks...

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    They remain installed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    As long as you don't resetbase the Updates you will still be able to uninstall them :cool2:.

No problems to update Win 8 in Audit-Mode but Win 8.1 will refuse the use of Windows Update (will circle infinitely) in temporary admin account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Captain.Majid

Captain.Majid MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    #4 Captain.Majid, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    I face the same issue.:confused:

I have Windows 8.1 updated to 12-Aug-2014, When I Install it I receive the NEXT updates,:)
    But if i try to Install and enter Audit Mode from the early beginning, customize, add some programs, etc.., then sysprep,
    I get (update 1) and others:
    uflJwHe.png :
    which is already installed:
    3Opoynv.png

I didn't do any dism cleaning !

I also found a similar or same issue here:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/56709-Windows-8-1-doesn-t-detect-previous-Hotfix-installations

BTW the rule:
    "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater" is gone.

5. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    some times there are multiple installs by the same KB#. very common, just keep installing.

6. Captain.Majid

Captain.Majid MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    I have Windows 8.1 with update, updated to August 2014, how can I receive already installed updates with size of ~1.5 GB:eek: ? it's not normal.
    And as i said before, it didn't happen on non-syspreped system.

7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Unfortunately sometimes WU isn't very clear with this. Had it several times now that WU was showing a bigger Update but only re-installs several MB of missing resources. You can only notice when running the updates and check the actual size of the download :cool2:.

8. Captain.Majid

Captain.Majid MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    #8 Captain.Majid, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    I think the real key to this problem is: "If you want to enter Audit mode (mainly to use the copyprofile feature, that saves the built-in Administrator settings to the new account created during setup) make it after installing Windows Updates."

BTW, is there is any limit to the times one can make sysprep for windows 8.1, and what happens after ?
    Well, they are not kidding this time, I checked the size of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder, and its big.
    correct