HELP! Window 7 blue screen during install Im Really in need of HELP.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rede2go, Apr 6, 2020.

1. rede2go

rede2go MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2016
    Hello all,
    I am in need of help! First thing I have been building systems for the last 33 years.
    And i mean a average of 10 to 20 boxes per year. I do this as part of my job, I am a private
    "consultant" for the same 3 companies this whole time. So that is my basic backstory, I do not
    claim to be a expert but i have a pretty good idea of what i am doing. This brings me to my current
    Problem. I am building a couple of office boxes and am having a huge problem with one.
    Its using a Ryzen 3 3200g with 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz sticks,A HP NVME EX900 250GB SSD.
    On a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H board. So i am installing Win 7 to use the COA that the client has and then will
    do the upgrade to Windows 10. Before anyone tells me it will not work i have built more than 10 of these
    on this board and many of them have been done by the WIN7 TO win10 method and have NEVER had a problem.
    So now during install i get as far as the updating the registry when it blue screens and reboots. I have seen the
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen and the BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue Screen each time when i get tXPGhat far.
    All that was on the board was the NVME SSD and the Memory and the CPU. So i swapped out the following,
    First the Memory with a pair of ADATA XPG DDR4 3000mhz, and then NVME to a Mushkin Pilot 250GB, the power supply
    and FINALLY a ASROCKS B450M-HDV board and no matter what i still keep getting blue screens! The only
    other thing to try is another CPU. Now i really do not want to take apart the famalies Computer to yank out the
    Ryzen 5 2600 inside of it so before i do that and have my family very mad at me as they ALL in this time of being
    locked down are on the computer almost all day and night. So i am looking for ideas of what am i missing? what type of
    problem could show up EVERY single time i install the OS and I have installed it clean each and everytime i have swapped out a piece of hardware. BTW i have also downloaded a few ISO's and tried other versions of windows in the
    off chance that my copy was some how damaged. NO MATTER what i do I cant get rid of the BLUE screens AND have built
    many boxes useing all the same hardware. SO PLEASE tell me what you think.
    Thank you for reading and I thank you all in advance! Be safe and be in good health!
    Ron

2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    There's your issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Ryzen APUs with integrated graphics don't work with Windows 7 at all.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    yup... no video drivers for that chip with Windows 7 so you will get a bsod every time. You have to install Windows 10 and use the Windows 7 license keys to authenticate a Windows 10 install.
    This actually would be much easier for you to go this route rather than install 7 and upgrade from there. Micro$oft will accept Windows 7 keys (COA/Retail) to authenticate a Windows 10 install

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    I think you should have googled it before explaining / posting... good luck with your project.