[HELP] Windows Seven + Lenovo Y510

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CocoNuts, Oct 9, 2010.

1. CocoNuts

CocoNuts MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    I get a laptop brand and model Lenovo Y510 which was installed on Windows Vista Premium. This laptop has been a concern and its owner had not made the creation of DVD restoration. So I tried to install Windows Seven but it hangs at 17% and gives me an error 0x80070570
    All parts are original and the latest bios is provided on the Lenovo site. This error always appears at the same time despite several prints of the DVD while the DVD works fine on other computers. This error would it be generated by the BIOS? If someone could tell me. Sincerely

2. fubar121

fubar121 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    #2 fubar121, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
    I have seen this several times with bad dimms replaced bad one tested ok. After some more googles also seems to be drive error. Looks like you may have a hardware issue. Try an external drive or usb install.

TRY THIS "Stolen from another forum"

When you see the error "0x80070570 can't access files" on install
    click --> OK --->
    you will be returned to the "Install Now" startup screen and - WITHOUT REBOOTING - just re-start the install.

Second time round it went smooth as clockwork and installed fine.

3. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I agree it sounds like a hardware issue.

I would run a memory test, if the memory is ok run a Hard drive fitness test.

4. CocoNuts

CocoNuts MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    I did a hard disk drive OK result, and then the memories and it turns out that memory is faulty. After being removed, I could install Seven without any problem, thank you to those who helped me