Help with activating vista on MSI GX620 laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jdc2009, Feb 17, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    okay i found a msi cert in the slic 39 rapidshare download in the slic sticky. is this the correct one to use it seems old being from 2006 so i just want to make sure that the above modded bios was not done using a asus or other slic instead of the msi one. hopefully 911 or someone can let me know for sure. thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    MSI SLIC = MSI_NBMEGABOOK for oem/id

Should work. The link is not that old...:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    the one in the 39 slic folder says its from 2006? or is there a newer one somewhere?

4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    btw the newest bios on msi web site already has the msi slic installed according to everest.

5. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    #25 johnalvin, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    right i understand i got it mixed up when i was typing it. i checked the msi bios with everest and it says it already has a msi oem slic installed. so i simply added the msi cert to vista and then used the asus key and its activated. no need to mod the bios at all.

7. skycn123

skycn123 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2009
    in that bios the MSI slic not incomplete

in that bios the MSI slic not incomplete,so can't active MSI oem vista!
    but can rebuild this bios activating vista on MSI GX620 laptop
    so easy do that!

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #28 armada, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    i simply downloaded the bios from msi web site the newest one and then checked with everest ultimate version and there is a slic for msi already there. installed vista premium and installed the msi cert and used a asus lic key and it activated with 0 issues passes genuine tool and all. no mods or cracks needed to the bios or vista for me needed?

why did this one work fine for me then?

9. msantilliyo

msantilliyo MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2009
    hi, how can i do for installing the certificate on an msi gx620

thanks,

MAT

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    what is the bios version you have? go to msi web site if you dont already have the newest one 10p and flash with that. add the msi cert to vista and use any lic key from the list in the sticky on the first page. it will be activated after that