Help with AMI Bios Flashing

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Dohey, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Dohey

Dohey MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2011
    I've gone through everything with AMItool and everything worked fine, I now have two files "1B_SLIC.BIN" and "A7309NMS_SLIC.1C0" and I'm trying to flash them within windows using AFUWIN, I can only open the .1C0 and AFUWIN says that it is too small but it matches the size of the original bios file. Do I have to combine the two files that were produced into a .ROM file?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Nope..the 1b is for reference only.it has already been inserted. You should rename the bios_SLIC to original name then try to flash with AFUDOS from pure DOS..AFUWIN is a crapshoot at best with these...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Looks like you mistook some file as the slicked bios file. Generally, an ami bios file has "rom" as the file extension, for example "wxyz.rom" is your original bios file to be modded. Assuming you are successful in modding the ami bios file using andyp's new ami bios tool 1.61, when all is done, the slicked bios file becomes "wxyz_slic.rom". Look for this file and use this to flash your slic 2.1 bios using afudos app to flash the bios.

4. Dohey

Dohey MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2011
    I think I've done it now, saved the .ROM file from AFUWIN and modded that file. How can I check that it has worked?

5. darkstar297

darkstar297 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    I've a big problem with this bios a7309NMS.A40

moded with amitool v 1.61 (only dynamic mode available) (this bios has already had a SLIC (2.0) table (NEC ) inserted in the F0 module. Allow Modification? /YES)

modding OK.

When i flash with AFUDOS v4 (AMIFLH.EXE) i have a MESSAGE: System data protected.
    all is flashed but the oem info not has updated.

I've tried with parameters and can't find any solution
    may somebody help me?

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Hit cancel and use SSv2 mod..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...