Help with bios activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by QuVat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. QuVat

QuVat MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    Hi everyone I'm in a need of a little help. I installed Win7 a few months ago, flashed my motherboard with a SLIC'd bios that was recommended in the Modded Bios list. At that time for my Gigabyte mobo I had to use an Asus SLIC. Everything activated great and worked fine. A few weeks back however I started getting WGA notifications at startup and that I needed to activate windows. Since then I've used different programs to change the key, certificate, etc. I noticed that in the Modded Bios list for my motherboard the file/cert was changed to HP. So I went ahead an reflashed my motherboard with a 2.1 HP file/cert.

At this point I'm at a loss. I fire up Hazar's 7loader, click on SLIC 2.1 in Bios, it detects the modded bios, installs key and certificate and then asks to check activation status. I go ahead and check the status and get the following: "Windows(R) 7 UltimateE edition: Windows is in Notification Mode"

Anyone have any suggestions as where to go from here?

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    If i remember correctly, E versions have different keys.

(And i dont know of any leaked E keys yet.)

The keys that have been leaked thus far work fine with 'normal' versions though, so you might want to try one of these instead of E...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...